Columbia Tech provides Time to Market Services at WARP SPEED™, including product development, manufacturing, global fulfillment and aftermarket services. Columbia Tech clients include innovation leaders in the life-science, bio-discovery, alternative energy, semiconductor, power management, LED, medical, data storage, homeland security and robotics and automation industries. Columbia Tech is a subsidiary of Coghlin Companies, Inc., a fourth generation, privately held concept to commercialization firm. Columbia Tech was named one of the “Best Places to Work” in 2017, and the team works hard to maintain a culture and environment built on trust, respect, continuous improvement, and innovation.
The Expeditor position will facilitate the flow of work and materials in our business. The Expeditor will strategize and oversee activities related to receiving and dispatching shipments such as confirming accuracy of orders, and generate reports on work progress, completion dates, production challenges, stock levels and costs. You will monitor aspects of processes such as purchasing, cost management and order changing, and forward issues to management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Growing professional relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborating with project management to prepare for project review meetings.
- Liaising with vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Receiving shipments of materials, and examining deliveries to ensure accurate quantities, quality, and specifications.
- Facilitating flow of materials between various departments and parties.
- Performing clerical duties, and maintaining accurate records and files of activities.
- Following established guidelines, instructions, policies, and procedures.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 2+ years’ work experience in similar role.
- Proficient understanding of materials and services procurement.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient people skills.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled__