Columbia Tech provides Time to Market Services at WARP SPEED™,including product development, manufacturing, global fulfillment and aftermarket services. Columbia Tech clients include innovation leaders in the life-science, bio-discovery, alternative energy, semiconductor, power management, LED, medical, data storage, homeland security and robotics and automation industries. Columbia Tech is a subsidiary of Coghlin Companies, Inc., a fourth generation, privately held concept to commercialization firm. Columbia Tech was named one of the “Best Places to Work” in 2017, and the team works hard to maintain a culture and environment built on trust, respect, continuous improvement, and innovation.
The Buyer position provides a single point of contact for the procurement and availability of materials required for manufacture of customer’s products. Working with Epicor applications, this individual interfaces with project managers and production planners to create a materials availability plan to produce to. This position's specific responsibilities include placing purchase orders on suppliers, managing delivery schedules, ensuring on-time delivery of quality materials, and managing inventory to meet service levels and inventory turn-over targets..
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under moderate supervision performs tasks associated with the role of tactical buyer, in support of commodity management, project management and manufacturing operations.
- As Buy Reports are generated by the ERP system, review to identify and action all buy, defer, expedite, or cancelation signals for their appropriate parts portfolio.
- Negotiate at time of order placement any additional material discounts and/or terms.
- Publish supplier open order reports to custom parts suppliers and communicate any issues to production.
- Analyze buy messages to maximize VPA and discount terms agreements with Tier 1 & 2 suppliers.
- Work with Production Planners to ensure material availability to maximize production capacity.
- Review ECN’s and recommend material effectivity date involving new and/or parts substitutions to production planner.
- Ensure all purchased materials are in-house on time, and at acceptable quality levels. Generate actions plans when criteria are not met.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in technical or business field desired.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- NAPM or APICS certification (CPIM) desired.
- Technical knowledge of purchasing, logistics, planning, master scheduling.
- Excellent interpersonal are essential along with sound judgment ability.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems, particularly Epicor.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled__