The Columbia School of English is seeking experienced, qualified, and dedicated instructors for our academically-focused English programs in Portland, Oregon. Qualified candidates are to possess Master's Degree in TESOL, prior Academic ESL experience, and native fluency. These requirements must be met unless the candidate is in a MA-TESOL program and also has prior experience.
- Instructional hours to be arranged per week, teaching English language core skills and electives
- Active participation in monthly staff meetings and ongoing professional development activities
- Occasional student activities, field trips
- Active contributions to ongoing program development
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree in TESOL or closely related field required (may accept candidates in process)
- Demonstrated commitment to students, teaching, and the profession
- Desire to learn and grow
- Two or more years of experience teaching university-bound students
- Demonstrated ability in cross-cultural understanding
- Demonstrated use of innovative, learner-driven methodology, especially in the areas of academic reading and writing.
- Overseas teaching experience
- Experience learning a second language preferred
- TOEFL training experience preferred
All of our team members are charged with bringing creativity, flexibility, open-mindedness, and intellectual rigor to their responsibilities in a never-ending quest to delight our students. We have high expectations of each other and work as a team to build the academic programs we are all proud of.
Powered by JazzHR
Columbia School of English