The Accounting Analyst is responsible for assembling and preparing all data necessary for accurate GAAP financial statements. This person will also be responsible for working with all levels of staff and management on accounting and financial related matters.
Columbia Safety & Supply keeps America's workers both safe and productive. Founded in 2005, we are North America's premier outfitter of fall protection, safety equipment and gear for at-height workers, industry, and construction. We exceed customer expectations, provide unmatched customer service, prompt delivery, and strive for continued innovation.
The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for assisting with the daily and monthly needs of the finance department in a professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis and maintenance of balance sheet accounts and corresponding work papers
- Maintain Sage Fixed Asset system (Book and Tax)
- Maintain 13-week cash forecast model
- Provide insightful analysis on sales and operational trends
- Provide recommendations for process improvement opportunities in all areas of the business
- Property tax and Sales tax reporting
- Interface with outside auditors and create all necessary documentation
- Assist with other accounting needs (A/R and A/P functions)
- Special projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Public Accounting experience required / Big 4 firm preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ GAAP accounting related experience required
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting required.
- Master’s degree in business, finance or accounting preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred (active or inactive) – note if in process of attaining
- Microsoft Excel proficiency (including functions such as VLOOKUP, SUMIF, Pivot Table) required
- Experience working with databases
- Major ERP system experience / Epicor (P21) preferred
- Manufacturing or Distribution industry experience required.
- Experience with an inventory intensive environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction.
- Committed continuous improvement by constantly striving for better, faster, and/or cheaper.
The Accounting Analyst will be expected to learn new skills as needed and to take on tasks as dictated by the needs of the business. The company firmly believes in promotion from within and the vision for this role includes professional and personal evolution, as the demands of the company require and as the skills of the employee allow.
Columbia Safety features a stable and enjoyable work environment with a continually replicated upward growth pattern over the past 9 years. Employee professional and personal success are as important as the company's, we take pride in our employees, as well as their career paths with our team. We live out our values every day and offer excellent benefits to our employees, including insurance, profit-sharing, 401k contribution, Volunteer Paid Time off, a healthy fresh-food fridge, and access to the company's onsite gym. We also offer a competitive salary with endless potential to grow within the organization.
Columbia Safety is an exciting, high-growth company headquartered in Columbia, MO with locations around the US. Team members focus on being a customer-centric organization on combining the highest quality service and products at the most affordable price to the clients and industries we serve. We are an INC Best Place to Work and an INC 500 company. We are seeking high performers with a drive for producing top-notch work with excellent attention to detail. If you are looking to be part of a structured and motivated team where you are valued for the quality work you provide, Columbia Safety is the right company for you.
Applications for this role are being taken exclusively online.
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Columbia Safety & Supply, your professional and personal success are as important as the company's. We take pride in our employees and we have created a driven, energetic and fun workplace environment. We offer a competitive compensation package, along with with endless potential to grow within the organization!
Columbia Safety & Supply
Why Work Here?Columbia Safety & Supply is a worldwide distributor of industrial supplies, fall protection, safety equipment, traffic safety supplies, work-wear, lifting and rigging equipment, professional power and hand tools, work equipment, gear bags, canvas buckets, and related products for commercial and industrial at-height applications. At Columbia Safety & Supply, your professional and personal successes are as important as the company's. We take pride in our employees and we have created a driven, energetic, and fun workplace environment. We offer a competitive compensation package, along with endless potential to grow within the organization!
We feature a proven, fast-paced and competitive work environment, where driven individuals will thrive serving at-height industries!