Columbia River Mental Health Services provides comprehensive behavioral health and recovery services that transform the lives of children, adults and families in the communities of SW Washington. We are the largest and oldest not-for-profit provider of mental/chemical dependency treatment in southwest Washington with 200 employees and an agency history dating back to 1942.
We are seeking a Mental Health Therapist to join our Elahan Place team. The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree specializing in Counseling, Social Work, or related degree and at least a 9-month internship in a Masters level program. Maintain Washington Agency Affiliated Counselor Certification or higher-level Washington State Licensure. CMHS or WA State Licensure preferred. Maintain valid driver’s license and appropriate automobile liability insurance. A pre-hire drug screen, criminal background check and annual TB testing are required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / JOB RESULTS:
- Write individual psychotherapy and group psychotherapy notes on a nightly basis summarizing and describing the daily activities, level of functioning, clinical status and discharge plans of all Elahan Place residents.
- Use Evidence-Based Treatment Modalities to establish therapeutic rapport and facilitate active engagement in treatment.
- Conduct diagnostic assessments.
- Develop, monitor, evaluate, and update Individual Service Plans that identify areas of clinical intervention and/or need which include a specific time frame for the completion of each identified goal.
- Provide therapeutic intervention to address identified treatment and recovery goals.
- Participate in case consultation as indicated.
- Continuously assess client status and determine ongoing medical necessity for treatment.
- Routinely assess for level of risk, and respond to emergent situations.
- Coordinate care with relevant internal and external providers and informal supports.
- Complete all documentation and charting as required by law or agency contract.
- Possess knowledge of client rights and ensure an atmosphere that allows for consumer privacy, dignity, and well-being in a safe secure environment.
- Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures.
- Provide residential/case management services to include orienting the client to community resources, performing resident advocacy activities, and presenting life skills training.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and therapeutic relationships with client residents.
- Conduct admissions as assigned.
- Conduct individual and group psycho-educational sessions with residents.
- Conduct random and reasonable suspicion client urinalysis; both observed and unobserved.
- Respond to emergent situations.
- Help residents with assorted needs; including but not limited to, giving access to laundry facilities, linen exchange, and unlocking doors.
- Preparing, serving, and clean-up of meals in the kitchen.
- Observe the residents’ self-administration of medication.
- Provide client milieu and facility safety monitoring at all times.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / JOB RESULTS:
- Maintain communication and cooperative working relationships both within the agency and community at large.
- Transport clients in agency van to appointments as needed.
- Attend supervision, staff, shift-exchange, and planning meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Full-Time: 40 hours/week
Therapist II: MA, MS or MSW specializing in counseling or social work and a minimum of9 months full-time post graduate experience in providing treatment to families and adults with severe emotional disturbances. MHP & CMHS eligibility required.
Therapist III: MA, MS or MSW specializing in counseling or social work and WA State licensure.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Satisfactory findings on a criminal background search and drug test results.
- Maintain Washington Agency Affiliated Counselor Certification or Licensure.
- Annual TB testing required.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and appropriate automobile liability insurance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER