Columbia River Mental Health Services provides comprehensive behavioral health and recovery services that transform the lives of children, adults and families in the communities of SW Washington. We are the largest and oldest not-for-profit provider of mental/chemical dependency treatment in southwest Washington with 200 employees and an agency history dating back to 1942.
We are seeking a SUD Counselor to join our team. The successful candidate will have a SUDPT (CDPT) or SUDP (CDP) Certification from the State of Washington and an Associates of Arts degree or higher specializing in Chemical Dependency Studies or currently working towards degree. Experience in providing outpatient treatment to individuals with Substance Use Disorders (SUD) and mental health diagnosis (Co-occurring) and mental health experience preferred. SUDP (CDP) Certification and 2 years’ of experience preferred. Maintain valid driver’s license and appropriate automobile liability insurance. A pre-hire drug screen, criminal background check and annual TB testing are required.
Job Duties will include:
- Participates in ongoing assessment of the chemical dependency, psychological, social, vocational, systemic and economic goals and needs of the substance abuse consumer in the Clark County.
- Provides direct treatment, develops and implements a multidisciplinary treatment plan in collaboration with the patient and others, at the patient’s request.
- Provides clinical interventions and/or referrals to other providers, to assist patient in meeting treatment and level of care needs. Clinical interventions may include individual, family or group modalities, counseling, case management, system coordination, patient advocacy, referral, and crisis management.
- Proficient with project success and restorative justice practices
- Ensures that treatment planning and interventions are: effective, appropriate, timely, patient centered, culturally competent and age appropriate. Provides substance abuse and co-occurring disorders treatment with respect for patient confidentiality, safety and self-determination
- Maintains the safety, security, and confidentiality of patients and their families. Follows all federal and agency regulations for confidentiality, including 42 CFR, Part 2 and HIPAA.
- Utilizes community and natural supports to supplement services, with the intent to help the patient become integrated into their community, and to complete treatment services when clinically indicated.
- Ensures that clinical interventions are effective, appropriate, and timely by maintaining a working knowledge of substance abuse and co-occurring disorders treatment and rehabilitation, public/private community resources, services, benefits, public income maintenance programs, federal and state laws, as well as agency policies and procedures.
- Respectfully collaborates with co-workers and personnel from other agencies.
- Completes all required documentation in an accurate, complete, and timely manner per agency policies and procedures. Maintains chart to the WAC standard and reviews charts with supervisor as needed for client review. Provides wrap around services with community partners when an ROI is in place.
- Ensures own professional development. Maintains licensure and/or certification requirements.
- Contributes to the overall professional development and functioning of the agency as a training institution. Attends staff meetings, in-services, educational programs and personal development.
- May be required to work in various locations with in Clark County to include schools, jails, shelters, and the main clinic including North Star and Center for dual Diagnosis and recovery.
- Frequent fast paced and challenging situations. Potential for occasional exposure to conflict and/or aggressive behavior.
- Attends regular staff meetings.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Satisfactory findings on a criminal background search and drug test screening.
- Completion of chemical dependency college course work.
- Annual TB testing required.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and appropriate automobile liability insurance.
STATUS: Full-time: Tuesday - Saturday 5:30am - 2pm
Columbia River offers benefit eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; employer paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance; Pension plan with an employer sponsored 5% contribution and a very generous Paid Time Off program.
In our recruiting, retention and staff development activities, we seek to enrich the cultural, linguistic and specialized skills of our staff. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please submit your application through www.crmhs.org located under Opportunities on the Employment tab.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER