Columbia River Mental Health Services provides comprehensive behavioral health and recovery services that transform the lives of children, adults and families in the communities of SW Washington. We are the largest and oldest not-for-profit provider of mental/chemical dependency treatment in southwest Washington with 200 employees and an agency history dating back to 1942.
We are seeking a Residential Rehab Counselor to join our residential team. Elahan Place facility provides residential rehabilitation and crisis stabilization program which offers a safe, structured, and supportive environment with a 24-hour supervision aimed at stabilization and preparation for community living for individuals with mental illness as well and co-occurring disorders.
The successful candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED. Associates or Bachelor’s degree specializing in Psychology or Sociology and a minimum of 1 year full-time experience in direct treatment of persons with mental illness or severe emotional disturbances preferred. Must be able to perform under intense pressure, mediate disputes, and able to work in a team-oriented environment. Maintain Washington Agency Affiliated Counselor Certification, Food Handler’s Permit, First Aid/CPR Certification and AED Certification, valid driver’s license and appropriate automobile liability insurance. A pre-hire drug screen, criminal background check and TB testing are required.
Job Duties will include:
– Read staff log, check mail, email, and phone messages each shift.
– Admit stabilization clients as needed and complete all related admission paperwork upon arrival.
– Monitor milieu for safety and work with residents as needed in order to assist them in managing their symptoms.
– Provide residential shift services such as locking building at curfew, bed checks, security check, laundry, and clean and sanitize rooms.
– Audit charts for treatment plans, reviews, DAP notes, and technical requirements (RRC).
– Monitor self-administration of medications for clients as needed.
– Complete shift charting requirements and milieu report.
– Understand and follow CRMHS/Elahan Place Policies and Procedures.
– Preparing meals and kitchen duties.
– Ability to manage resident crisis situations as they arise.
– Ability to evacuate building and transport residents following EP evacuation procedures in case of emergency disaster.
•Full-Time Swing shift: 3pm - 11pm
*The Residential Rehab Counselor position is a Bargaining Unit position*
Columbia River offers benefit eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; employer paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance; Pension plan with an employer sponsored 5% contribution and a very generous Paid Time Off program.
In our recruiting, retention and staff development activities, we seek to enrich the cultural, linguistic and specialized skills of our staff. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Columbia River Mental Health ServicesColumbia River Mental Health Services provides comprehensive behavioral health and recovery services that transform the lives of children, adults and families in the communities of SW Washington. We are the largest and oldest not-for-profit provider of mental/chemical dependency treatment in southwest Washington with 200 employees and an agency history dating back to 1942.