Columbia River Mental Health Services provides comprehensive behavioral health and recovery services that transform the lives of children, adults and families in the communities of SW Washington. We are the largest and oldest not-for-profit provider of mental/chemical dependency treatment in southwest Washington with 200 employees and an agency history dating back to 1942.
We are seeking a Peer Support Counselor to join our Forensic HARPS Program. The successful candidate will have a minimum High School Diploma or GED. Maintain current Washington State Agency Affiliated Counselor registration and Washington State Peer Counselor Certification. Must have good oral and written communication skills. Should have self-knowledge to manage their mental illness and be well along in their recovery. Must have a strong commitment to the right and the ability of each person with a severe mental illness to live in normal community residences; work in market jobs; and have access to helpful, adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services. Maintain valid driver’s license and appropriate automobile liability insurance. A pre-hire drug screen criminal background check and annual TB testing are required.
Job Duties will include:
- Engage with client to give supportive counseling
- Assess needs of a client with consumers participating
- Coordinate the client with community involvement
- Connecting with natural supports.
- Development of supports
- Assist client to tailor goals for daily well being
- Provide community living skills along with connecting with community
- Facilitate groups
- Implementation of peer support services
- Provide transportation to clients
- Others assigned by Supervisor
STATUS: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Columbia River offers benefit eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; employer paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance; Pension plan with an employer sponsored 5% contribution and a very generous Paid Time Off program.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER