GAP Medicine Prescriber - Mid Level
Columbia River Mental Health Services Vancouver, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lives Change Here! We are GROWING…Columbia River Mental Health Services provides comprehensive behavioral health and recovery services that transform the lives of children, adults and families in the communities of SW Washington. We are the largest and oldest not-for-profit provider of mental/chemical dependency treatment in southwest Washington with 200 employees and a history dating back to 1942.
Our Mission: Providing behavioral health and recovery services that transform the lives of children, adults, and families in the communities of SW Washington.
Why Work Here?
CRMHS offers AMAZING benefits aside from health and wellness (medical/dental/vision etc.) Work life balance benefits: 10 paid holidays per year, 5 weeks of PTO days in the first year that grows year after year. Career development: $325 annual allowance for career development and education with an additional 40 hours of paid time off for career development/education! And so many More!
The GAP Medicine provider provides screening and treatment for chronic medical conditions such as hypertension, obesity, and diabetes for individuals with substance use disorders and / or severe mental health disorders, frequently experienced as physical health complications of essential psychotropic medications. The GAP Medicine mid-level provider will also provide direct medical service to our mobile medical team in homeless communities. Responsibilities of this position include initial and updated medical evaluations, health screenings, routine follow-up care and medication management for chronic medical conditions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff and other providers that allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- Prescribes medications, individualized treatments, and ongoing medication management.
- Orders lab and diagnostic tests when appropriate and interprets test results.
- Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records.
- Completes documentation within 24 hours of patient encounter.
- Coordination of care with other providers, counselors and community care providers.
- Coordinator medical needs with outside primary care team and other medical providers.
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of medical reviews, and support staff clinically and administratively.
Non-essential Job Functions:
- Maintain communication and cooperative working relationship both within the agency and community at large.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Licensing and Experience:
- An active, unrestricted Family Medicine Advance Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant License with a focus in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- CPR certified
- Experience working with the aged, the uninsured, the underinsured, individuals with severe mental health disorders, and / or substance use disorders preferred.
- Ability to acquire and maintain DEA Controlled Substance Prescribing Registration prior to date of hire
- Ability to credential with Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurers
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a wide knowledge base required roles of various personnel and programs in the agency and community.
- Interpersonal, decision making, judgment, and communication skills plus medication management, psychotherapy, and collegial relations with teams.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Columbia River Mental Health Services is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and we seek applicants from all backgrounds to join our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by law. We encourage our employees to bring their authentic selves to work and do not tolerate discrimination at the workplace.
Columbia River Mental Health Service stands out from the crowd with terrific benefits! AMAZING life balance benefits -10 paid holidays annually; 5 weeks of PTO days in the first year with 3 additional days the next and so on! Plus $325 annual allowance for career development/education with an additional 40 hours of PAID leave!
Columbia River Mental Health Services
6926 NE Fourth Plain BlvdVancouver, WA
TechnologyView all jobs at Columbia River Mental Health Services