ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle materials to be shipped according to applicable manuals and customer needs.
- Package materials and prepare required documentation to ship dangerous goods according to CFR-49 IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations for both domestic and international.
- Determine best method of shipment by utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, rates and routes as required.
- Use packing equipment and materials appropriately to ensure integrity of the articles shipped are maintained during the physical shipment of the materials.
- Create required shipping documents (UPS, FedEx, etc.) and coordinate with carriers to ensure timely delivers and resolutions of any delays in deliveries.
- Keep and verify records on incoming and outgoing shipments as required.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials as well as supplies
- Exercise effective cost control measures ensuring on time delivery while optimizing freight cost.
- Conduct oneself in accordance with Company's Core Values
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years in material handling and direct shipping experience.
- Ability to interpret all documentations used in the shipping process.
- Valid HAZMAT Shipping Certification preferred.
- Maintain a valid Driver's License.
- Ability to obtain and or maintain a CDL as required.
- Experience operating a forklift, pallet jack and hand truck.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and compliance of various shipping documents.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all team members, stake holders and customers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications skills and ability to learn other software.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.