Reports to: Facility Manager or Processing Supervisor
Processing Technicians are responsible for all aspects of plant processing from crop harvest through packaging and labeling of the final product ready for customer sale as outlined by the management team. These responsibilities include trimming, assembling completed product materials into various containers and packages as well as ensuring that the appropriate quantity, weight, and type of product is packaged. This position works in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity and acts with professional regard to the management and use of all production facilities and processing equipment. All qualified applicants will be trained in the use of equipment for processing.
Pay: $15.50 + Shift Differential
Schedule: Mon - Fri 4pm-12:30am
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- Assisting in the harvest and post-harvest plant processing of medical cannabis
- Fan leaf removal, harvest, drying, trimming, curing, weighing, packaging, labeling, recording, inspection of product in addition to cleaning and sanitation
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Hand trim fan leaves from medical marijuana plants before harvest using shears, scissors
- Transport harvested plants to drying and hang to be dried
- Operate a trimming machine (if needed) to remove guard and/ or sugar leaves from medical marijuana
- Weigh, package, label, record/track medical cannabis for distribution
- Take instructions and assist on tasks as delegated by management team
- Work in a quick and efficient manner
- Maintain a culture of professionalism and service
- Ensure daily compliance with policies including but not limited to; state compliance, security protocols, access protocols, dress code and work schedules
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- High school graduate
- 1-3 years of experience in production position; including hands-on production activities
- General knowledge of weights and measurement
- Evening/night/weekend work may be required
- All positions deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Speed and precision with equipment and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and maintain work consistency on a daily basis
- High attention to detail
- Standing/sitting for long periods of time
Travel %: 0
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Additional Abilities Required:
The job requires physical activity, including prolonged sitting, standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting or moving up to 10 pounds (or more with a coworker). Good visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and ability to perform repetitive motions with accuracy is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Business travel may provide for varying degrees of change in work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Columbia Care:
Columbia Care Inc. (“Columbia Care” or the “Company”) is one of the largest and most experiencedmulti-state operators in the medical cannabis industry, with licenses in 15 jurisdictions in the US and the EU. With over 1,000,000 successful sales transactions since its inception, Columbia Care is a patient-centered organization setting the standard for compassion, professionalism, quality, caring and innovation, working in collaboration with some of the most renowned and innovative teaching hospitals and medical centers in the world. The Company is committed to providing the type of education and transparency patients deserve and quality of product that clinicians expect. For more information on Columbia Care, please visitwww.col-care.com.
As a condition of employment, all Columbia Care employees are required to submit to a background check.Employment decisions, in compliance with state law, arebased on an employee’s background report at the time of hire.Employees have a duty to report any changes in their background to the Market Director or Vice President, Operations as soon as the employee is aware of the event.