- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Colt, Inc. is a scrap tire processor and transporter licensed and permitted by the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality. We’ve been in the scrap tire business since 1994 and have grown to be one of the largest scrap tire processors in Louisiana. We do our part to promote a greener and cleaner world by collecting and recycling waste tires. We're passionate about the work we do and reducing the consumption of natural resources.
We are searching for a Diesel Mechanic to add to our maintenance department. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, has at least three years of experience repairing and maintaining diesel equipment, and works well in a team environment as well as independently. This position does not require any certification but does require prior experience with diesel and heavy equipment.
General Job Duties:
- Perform minor and major repairs on trucks and trailers
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance on service trucks including inspection, tire rotation and oil changes
- Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the shop
- Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs
- Perform regular diagnostic tests on trucks
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on vehicles
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Solid understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Experience with diesel mechanics and repair of heavy equipment
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds or more safely
- Strong understanding of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
- Excellent manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurances
- Supplemental Insurances
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Uniform Allowance
- Tire Program (8 per year)
Applicants being considered for hire must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
AutomotiveView all jobs at Colt, Inc.