Assistant Diesel Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Colt, Inc. is a scrap tire processor and transporter licensed and permitted by the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality. We’ve been in the scrap tire business since 1994 and have grown to be one of the largest scrap tire processors in Louisiana. We do our part to promote a greener and cleaner world by collecting and recycling waste tires. We're passionate about the work we do and reducing the consumption of natural resources. We are currently seeking to hire a Diesel Mechanic Assistant to add to our team.
General Job Duties:
- Perform minor repairs and assigned preventative maintenance on equipment including, but not limited to, tractor-trailers, trailers, heavy equipment, and production equipment.
- Assist in the repair and adjustment of various equipment.
- Complete all paperwork associated with repairing and maintaining vehicles and equipment.
- Assist Mechanic in the completion of work.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Lubricate and clean parts.
- Perform other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area.
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Experience with diesel mechanics, air brakes, and repair of heavy equipment
- Knowledge of air brakes and preventative maintenance measures
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds or more safely
- Strong understanding of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
- Excellent manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurances
- Supplemental Insurances
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Uniform Allowance
- Tire Program (8 per year)
Applicants being considered for hire must pass a drug test and background screening before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
AutomotiveView all jobs at Colt, Inc.