Postdoctoral Psychology Resident
- Posted: 8 days ago
Postdoctoral Psychology Resident (Fellow) Private Practice
Colorado Therapy & Assessment Center- A different kind of group practice.
Have you always wanted to work in a private practice setting, but felt overwhelmed by the idea of starting your own practice or working alone? Do you want to work with a group of individuals focused on client care and social justice in the local community?
Colorado Therapy & Assessment Center is looking for a Postdoctoral Resident who will bring a unique perspective to our staff and shares our values of compassion, belonging, humility, and excellence. We value new perspectives and experiences within our staff and are always oriented toward growth, especially in cultural humility and working competently with diverse clients. We strongly encourage applications from candidates with diverse or marginalized identities. Join our values-driven, supportive team!
Our Postdoctoral Residency provides the opportunity to work in a private practice setting, engage in long-term psychotherapeutic work, and increase professional confidence and competence while simultaneously receiving specialized training in preparation for practicing as a licensed psychologist. After many years of learning, growing, training, and moving, we hope to try to provide a stable and supportive environment. Upon completion of the doctoral residency, there may be an opportunity to stay on as a licensed staff member and receive a pay increase. We value helping clinicians discover what client populations they are passionate about working with and helping them build a caseload that offers them fulfilling clinical work.
Our streamlined system and administrative support ensure that you can show up, meet with clients, write your notes, and go home to take good care of yourself and enjoy your loved ones.
When you start this position, you will begin part-time as we build your caseload, working up to full-time. A full caseload is anticipated within 3 months of the start date, but most clinicians reach full caseload within 3-6 weeks.
About Our Practice:
Colorado Therapy & Assessment Center is a growing, multi-site outpatient treatment center with locations in Denver and Westminster, CO. Our team consists of licensed psychologists, postdoctoral residents, post-master's residents, and doctoral externs. Most CTAC postdoctoral residents continue on at CTAC in licensed, full-time positions, which come with an hourly pay increase.
CTAC aims to provide a warm, supportive, family-like feel while respecting professional boundaries. We’re a close-knit group that genuinely like each other and value teamwork. CTAC employees choose CTAC for its truly open-door policy, collaborative work environment, and team approach to clinical work. Our team members genuinely like each other and enjoy working at CTAC! We work collaboratively as a team, refer within the practice, and meet weekly as a staff.
CTAC is an insurance-based practice. We accept most major insurances, including Medicaid. We deeply value offering in-network insurance options to our clients and see accepting insurance as a vital way of doing social justice to best serve the community. We strongly believe that access to affordable and quality care is an essential aspect of equity for all and are seeking candidates who feel the same. This job is best suited for someone who wants to have an impact on the community but wants the flexibility, support, and reduced stress of a private practice setting.
CTAC provides the following services:
- Individual therapy
- Specialized Eating Disorder therapy
- Group therapy
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Psychological Assessments for ADHD, Learning Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and comprehensive batteries with cognitive, achievement, and objective personality measures.
- Training and Supervision of Advanced Doctoral students from local Counseling Psychology Ph.D. and Clinical Psychology Psy.D. programs; Training and supervision of Predoctoral Psychology Interns.
CTAC offers specialty services to clients with eating disorders as well as general mental health concerns such as anxiety, depression, relationship concerns, mood disorders, and trauma/PTSD. We see clients across the life span with diverse identities and backgrounds.
CTAC values integrative therapeutic work, emphasizing IPT (Interpersonal) and psychodynamic approaches, feminist/multicultural, as well as CBT, DBT, and ACT as skills work is needed.
- Health Benefits include Medical insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Paid time for writing notes
- Roth and Traditional 401k accounts with 3-5% company match
- Competitive, weekly pay. The position is compensated higher than community mental health and most university counseling centers in the area.
- No on-call or crisis services
- Flexible schedule with weekday hours, with the option of working some assessment report writing hours from home
- All billing/payment, scheduling, and administrative tasks are completed for you with ongoing admin support.
- Insurance credentialing provided.
- Professional liability insurance provided
- Supervision hours that count toward CEDS designation for Eating Disorder Specialists.
- Completely furnished office in an upgraded suite ready for you to make it your own.
$55,000 - $75,000 yearlyResponsibilities:
- Postdoctoral Residents will complete all required supervision and clinical contact hours for license application within the one-year postdoctoral residency period. Postdoctoral residency should easily attain the required clinical contact hours with the surplus of incoming referrals we receive. Postdoctoral residents are preferred candidates for future licensed, long-term positions within the practice.
- Postdoctoral Residents will provide therapy services for clients with eating disorders and general mental health concerns including depression, anxiety, trauma, and relational concerns. Though you will work with general mental health concerns, willingness to work with eating disorders is required. Postdoctoral Residents will also perform psychological assessments.
- Postdoctoral Residents receive weekly group and individual supervision as well as specialty training in eating disorders and psychological assessment. Supervision for eating disorder cases counts toward application for Certified Eating Disorders Specialist if the candidate desires. Postdoctoral Residents participate in didactic training and case consultation meetings.
- We also have a group of psychologists-in-training (doctoral extern trainees) from local universities and providing training and supervision in therapy and assessment as well as an APPIC-listed Predoctoral Psychology Internship; we are pursuing full APA accreditation for our internship program and have matched with quality interns for the Fall of 2022. Postdoctoral Residents and Licensed Psychologists provide supervision to trainees.
- Lead or Co-Lead therapy groups
Our ideal candidate: is someone who values a blend of collaborative and independent work. We value team players who are excited about the clinical work they do! Ideal candidates value social justice in access to care and are truly passionate about meeting clients where they are at. Our ideal candidate will bring fresh perspectives and new knowledge to our staff and our clinic to help us continue to grow and develop.
- Doctoral degree from APA/CPA-accredited program in clinical or counseling psychology.
- License Eligible in Colorado, registered as Psychologist Candidate with CO before the start date.
- Experience in delivering direct clinical services.
- Experience working with eating disorders, particularly at higher levels of care.
- Completion of APA-approved pre-doctoral internship.
- Experience working with eating disorders; additional training/coursework in eating disorders.
- Current license such as LPC or LCSW or eligible to become licensed at the master’s level during the postdoctoral residency.
Colorado Therapy & Assessment Center is a woman-owned, LGBTQ+ affirming, an anti-racist, weight-inclusive practice that provides mental health services through insurance-based care. We provide individual, couples, family, and group therapy as well as psychological testing. We work with many mental health concerns and have a specialty in treating eating disorders.
Our company values are Compassion, Belonging, Excellence, and Humility. We value employee wellness as much as client wellness shown by our competitive compensation, generous benefits package, and flexible work schedules.
We're not like other group practices-- we meet as one shared clinical team, prioritizing case collaboration, consultation, and ongoing training. Our clinic trains mental health professionals at many levels and offers the option to provide supervision.
We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to connect with us.
Colorado Therapy & Assessment Center
EducationView all jobs at Colorado Therapy & Assessment Center