Director of Business Intelligence
Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC Colorado Springs, CO
- Posted: 11 days ago
- $65,000 to $80,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Position Scope / Job Description
The Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC is looking to hire a full-time Director of Business Intelligence. The Director of Business Intelligence is responsible for the full range of activities related to business intelligence needs and services for The Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC:
- Inform economic development and organizational strategy with data analysis and metrics development and management.
- Enhance business attraction, expansion, and retention efforts with customized data analysis and prospect development that support a targeted industry approach to economic growth.
- Position the Chamber & EDC to lead and support collaborative efforts in the realms of job growth, workforce/talent, entrepreneurship, placemaking, and foreign direct investment with business intelligence.
- Support the organization’s marketing and communications efforts with data-based storytelling.
- Project management of special projects and initiatives that bring value and enhanced benefits to membership and investors.
The Director will report to the Chief Economic Development Officer (CEDO). Internally, the Director will work closely with other members of the economic development team to inform and enhance business attraction, retention, and expansion and workforce/talent efforts. Externally, the Director will interact with business prospects, existing businesses, and community partner organizations in government, non-profit, and education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Business Intelligence Strategy Implementation
- Coordinate business intelligence resources and economic development strategy, monitor metrics, and report to stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for enhancement, redeployment, additional metrics, etc. of existing resources and strategies.
· Research & Analysis
- Respond to data and research inquiries from within the organization and for business clients and community partners.
- Support proactive business attraction efforts in targeted industries and geographic markets with business intelligence and targeted lead lists.
- Strengthen RFI & RFP submissions and client services with appropriate data and analyses.
- Strengthen business retention and expansion efforts with targeted outreach lists and processes for customized data pulls for existing businesses.
· Knowledge Management
- Serve as project manager for the organization’s migration to SalesForce as its Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution. Provide onboarding and troubleshooting support for staff use of SalesForce.
- Oversight of economic development team’s use of CRM software to track clients, collect data, and report metrics related to attraction and BRE efforts and client activity.
- Develop regular and special reports to track metrics and trends and communicate economic conditions and programmatic successes.
- Work seamlessly with the internal team and partners on regional pitches and proactive initiatives that focus on target sectors and industry related events.
- Partner and communicate with staff, volunteers, and partner organizations to ensure the highest levels of collaboration within and outside of the organization.
- Initiate, maintain, and grow effective working relationships with aligned organizations and public partners on a regional basis.
- Interact with site selectors, business clients, and organizational volunteers with excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude.
· Other Duties
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the CEDO.
- Ensure all project and programmatic deadlines are met with an exceptional work product.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Exceptional research and analytical skills with strong knowledge in industry-preferred research tools, including public data sources, Glassdoor, Emsi, Esri, JobsEQ, IMPLAN, etc.
- Strong knowledge of CRM software, preferably SalesForce.
- General knowledge of economic development and chamber/membership-based organizations.
- Oral and written communication skills related to communicating data analyses and strategy (blogs, reports, white papers, large and small audiences, etc.).
- Strong familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research design and techniques.
- Project management.
- Team player, self-starter, and an effective written and verbal communicator.
- Professional, high ethical standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to professional development in the economic development field.
- Effective time management skills.
- Basic knowledge of standard office equipment.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or similar software programs.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business analysis, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in economic development, business development, or related field.
- 2 years of research and analysis-specific experience with demonstrated impact of research provision and strategy execution (education may count towards experience).
- Typical office environment for daily operations.
- $65K - $80K, based on experience and education, plus benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, STD, Paid Time Off)
Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC
AddressColorado Springs, CO