MEDICAL CREDENTIALING & OFFICE ASSISTANT - ADMINISTRATIVE
Colorado Rehabilitation & Occupational Medicine (CROM) is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to handle general office duties as well as credentialing maintenance for medical providers. Due to the highly sensitive information exposed with this role, the ideal candidate will display a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
General functions of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the routine maintenance of the physician/provider credentialing files both internally and with the various credentialing resources used by our contracted payers and associated facilities.
- Responsible for renewing state medical licenses, facility privileges and other certifications as appropriate.
- Responsible for researching and coordinating application of new state licenses.
- Responsible for management and collection of updated CME credits obtained by physicians.
- Responsible for adding any new providers to existing group contracts and obtaining privileges for those providers with the facilities that are chosen by the practice administrators.
- Responsible for maintaining database profiles on all physicians to remain compliant with billing and privilege requirements.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by meeting with managers to discuss needs and objectives - prepares effective and accurate job postings and descriptions and posts to candidate job boards.
- Works with management to schedule and prepare candidate interviews.
- Manages correspondence by answering emails, incoming vendors and sorting mail
- Assists in planning and arranging meetings and events, including organizing catering
- Manages reception area and looks after visitors
- Maintains stock lists and orders office supplies as needed
- Photocopies and files appropriate documents as needed
- Completes general reporting functions as requested
- Assists with general office duties as requested by manager.
- Technical degree, Certification or Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Experience working in the healthcare field is a plus.
- Must possess strong customer service skills & ability to collaborate with a variety of team members.
- Must have knowledge of office equipment and computers.
- Strong organizational and professional communication skills
CROM offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K and growth opportunities.