The Communications and Public Relations Manager is responsible to create and implement a public awareness and education agenda for a professional association representing more than 600 optometrists. Primary responsibility is to advance eye and vision education throughout the state.
This position requires excellent media relations as well as ability to use all forms of media to ensure stories and information is provided to the public. The position also requires exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, ease with multi-tasking, and the ability to manage operational and administrative systems. Excellent writing and communication skills are essential.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop and produce a campaign for education and awareness about eyes and vision to run throughout 2020.
• Participate in activities relating to the campaign
• Find and develop sponsorships for the campaign
• Manage the Campaign Committee to establish and meet goals and plans.
• Source and develop stories to promote in local and state media streams.
• Source and provide messaging, tools and programs to groups and organizations.
• Manage campaign budget.
• Support the team and assist with programs, membership and marketing as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree with a major preferred in English, journalism, communications, marketing or related field
· Minimum 2 years relevant experience preferably in communications or PR campaigns
· Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines while managing multiple priorities with accuracy
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Proven ability to present complex information in ways that are easy to understand
· Self-starter with a strong desire to learn and a strong work ethic
· Proficiency of all Microsoft Office Suite products, social media platforms, design programs and web site programs.
· Campaign experience a plus.
· Some travel and weekends will be required.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Some evenings and occasional weekend or travel may be required. Telecommuting is not an option. We are looking for someone to join our team in downtown Denver, one-half block to Light-rail stop. We have a quiet office requiring self-direction and helping each other. Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. Benefits include paid health and dental, holidays, vacation, and RTD pass. No relocation expenses.
How To Apply
Send ALL of the following: Cover letter, resume, and salary minimum requirements by Monday September 23 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.