Senior Urban Facility Planner
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Military Community Planner
Temporary – 2 Year Contract
Colorado Springs, CO (Travel Required)
Project Manager/Program Manager
The Senior Military Community Planner will direct and plan medium to large size Department of Defense planning and asset management projects across the globe. Prepares, plans, and analyzes compliance documents. Direct the work of others in the completion of required studies, documents, and reports. Requires extensive meeting facilitation, stakeholder and agency coordination, strategic planning, and project programming experience.
This position will require a US Passport and the ability to travel overseas as needed. An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Lead multidisciplinary team to complete DoD planning studies and related documentation in accordance with DoD and Service-specific planning criteria and guidance
2. Conduct facility and infrastructure requirements analyses and capacity assessments
3. Project Planning – ability to develop successful project execution plans including storyboarding process and product expectations
4. Facilitate Installation Visioning, Planning, and Programming Charrettes
5. Successfully collaborates in the exchange of information between stakeholders through effective written, graphic (CAD/GIS/SketchUp/Hand Sketches), and verbal communication.
6. Builds consensus and support for planning proposals and coordinates efforts to bring stakeholders together with opposing views and interests in order to successfully manage projects
7. Develop complete Installation, Area, and Component plans
8. Development Plans IAW applicable planning criteria
9. Develop a Capital Investment Strategy IAW DOD Service and customer specific criteria
10. Preparation of complete DD Forms 1391
11. Preparation of economic analyses
Strong graphic, verbal, and written communication skills.
Strong quantitative problem-solving abilities.
Strong organizational and time management skills with an understanding of project timelines and deadlines.
1. Bachelor's degree in urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, civil engineering, geography, public policy, or related area.
2. 10+ years of community or military planning experience.
3. AICP, PLA, RA, or PE
4. Have or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
5. Able to up to 25% of the time.
6. Must be able to travel internationally.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
1. Experience in or knowledge of the military services is preferred.
2. Master's degree in related field preferred.
3. Experience with and / or knowledge of:
a. All aspects of community / installation planning and development
b. Preparing Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) 2-100-01 compliant plans
c. Military installation and base operations
d. Military service organizational operations
e. Federal facilities acquisition strategies and policies
f. Business Case Analysis and Development
g. Able to read, understand, and extract appropriate information from environmental documents such as an Integrated Natural Resource Management Plan, Integrated Cultural Resource Management Plan, Environmental Baseline Study, Environmental Assessment or Environmental Impact Statement
h. Military range and training complexes
i. Framework Plans
j. District / Area Planning
k. Regulating Plans
l. Form based code
m. Facility requirements and standard designs
n. Economic analysis
o. Basic utilities infrastructure systems
p. Basic transportation circulation system
Travel is anticipated for up to 25% of the time. Must be able to travel internationally to Japan, Germany, and Italy.
This position will work mainly in an office setting but may be required to regularly visit construction sites across the United States, Japan, Italy, and Germany.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Individual must be able to walk, sit, stand, and type for extended periods of time. Individual must also have the ability to travel to different locations across the U.S and internationally.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
This position must be able to pass a Federal Background Check and have or be able to obtain a US security clearance.
CNS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CNS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CNS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CNS's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Colorado Network Staffing, Inc.
AddressColorado Springs, CO
Get fresh Contract Urban Planner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.