Microsoft Windows Server Administrator
Colorado Network Staffing, Inc. Golden, CO
- Expired: 18 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Microsoft Windows Administrator
Full Time - Temporary (12-month contract)
Weekends and Evenings availability may be required
We are seeking two Microsoft Windows Infrastructure contractors for a 12-month contract. One position will be mid-level and one more senior level position. The individuals in this position will support 24x7 production systems and work with application staff to aid in the maintenance of existing systems, etc. This person will be part of a team supporting critical business systems and infrastructure in a dynamic environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Windows Servers (physical, virtual and/or Azure)
- Maintain servers by performing regular patching and vulnerability remediation
- Exchange maintenance (on prem and cloud)
- Maintenance of email filtering and anti-spam tools
- Develop and maintain scripts and other tools/products to help aid in administration
- Daily care and feeding of backups
- Daily care and feeding of server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve critical server and storage-related problems, as escalated by the Service Desk and via automated monitoring alerts, following the company’s incident response and escalation policy
- Managing accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Implementing security procedures and tools.
- Ensuring systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
- Maintaining systems configuration.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Must be able to travel to various local Denver facilities across the metro area
Required Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma
- 5-10 years’ experience in Windows Server administration (2012, 2016, 2019)
- Solid experience in Windows Server patch management
- Solid experience in Windows Server security
- Virtual platform experience (Hyper-V, including clustering, failover, high availability)
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM
- Networking and networking protocols (DHCP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, etc.) knowledge
- Active Directory Administration
- General knowledge of public cloud and Azure Hosting
- Windows Server Administration or Active Directory Administration
- Excellent English communication skills (both verbal and written
- Strong organization and time-managements skills
- A “Can-do” attitude
- Analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, work effectively, independently, and with others in a collaborative, deadline-sensitive environment
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Associated degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field
- Enterprise storage systems experience
- Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
This job has adopted a hybrid work-at home policy allowing employees to work at home up to three business days a week. In a typical work week, employees will be in the office two days a week and can work from home 3 days in a week. After an initial acclimation period, this same benefit will be extended to the selected candidate for this role). However, it must be understood that there will be certain times when office presence is required (break fix, specific meetings, etc.).
- Must be a US citizen
- Ability to work in a hybrid position
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required
The City and County of Denver requires all employees and contractors to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
CNS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CNS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CNS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CNS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Colorado Network Staffing, Inc.
Colorado Network Staffing, Inc. (CNS) is a full-service staffing and staff augmentation small business with more than 25 years of experience in the staffing industry. Established in 1996, CNS has provided a range of staffing solutions (Temp, Temp to Hire, and Permanent placement) to the public and private sectors in more than 25 states. In doing so, CNS has attentively cared for and served more than 250 clients, across the spectrum of staffing services, providing them with more than 3000 temporary and direct-hire personnel. Our areas of expertise include, Office Support, Trades, Scientific, and Technical Support.