40 hours per week
Seasonal Position until November
M-FRI. 6:30-3 pm
$14.50 - $17.75
The Landscaper will be responsible for installation and up keep of all plant material and grounds on company property.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Maintains turf, shrubs, trees and other plantings.
2. Uses most exterior operations maintenance equipment including: lawn sweepers, small mowers, aeration equipment, blowers, trimmers, edger’s, pruners, spreaders, pressure washers, riding mowers, self-propelled and push mowers, line trimmers and other hand and power tools used for trimming and pruning.
3. Rakes and sweeps leaves and debris from grounds. Moves mulches, soils and sand with shovels and rakes.
4. Digs and pulls weeds. Plants and install landscaping materials.
5. Performs minor maintenance on exterior operations equipment and vehicles.
6. Performs other duties assigned.
7. Complies with company safety policy at all times.
1. Communication Proficiency
3. Teamwork Oriented
4. Time Management.
5. Project Management.
While performing these job duties, the individual is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions and vibrations. The individual is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The individual is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk; use hands o finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The individual is frequently required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste and smell. The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or more up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. Occasional overtime may be required.
Individual is required to have reliable transportation to and from the Facilities. Transportation to school work sites and back to Facilities will be provided by school district staff and vehicles.
Required Education and Experience
1. Graduation from high school, or equivalent education.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in providing basic general landscape maintenance and operation of common grounds maintenance tools, trucks and equipment.
3. Common safety procedures including safe lifting techniques.
4. Ability to interact courteously and effectively with the public, coworkers and supervisors.
5. Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, reach, stand and walk for extended periods on even, uneven and sloping surfaces.
6. Ability to independently lift up to 50 lbs. And up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
7. Ability to work outdoors in extreme and/or fluctuating weather conditions.
8. May perform routine assembly and repair of playground equipment.
9. Responsible for following health and safety guidelines/instructions.
10. May assist with translation and/or communication using second language skills when possible.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CNS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CNS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CNS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CNS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.