Customer Service Representative
20-35 Hours Per Week
Temporary 6 Week Position
January 1 st – February 18th
CNS is seeking Customer Service Representatives to work with the Office of Choice
and Enrollment Call Center in a school district setting. The CSR will assist and guide
families through the enrollment process via phone, email and in person. This position
will require flexibility with work hours during peak times in order to accommodate school
and family availability, and could include some evenings and weekends. Desire to
provide exceptional customer service to families with different enrollment situations,
skills and backgrounds. Position could require travel throughout the school district.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
1. Answer and direct phone calls and emails regarding parent inquiries about the
School Choice process and enrollment to Denver Public Schools.
2. Assist families navigate through the online SchoolChoice application. Provide
information on the SchoolChoice process, deadlines, and school options.
3. Facilitate outreach efforts to transitioning students and families by communicating in
the form of telephone calls, emails and in-person conversations at schools, office
4. Student data entry into Infinite Campus and SchoolChoice system.
5. Ability to search in multiple databases and programs simultaneously.
6. Performs other duties as assigned, including special projects.
7. As necessary assist with walk-in families inquiring about school enrollments.
1. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is highly desirable
2. Experience working with families and children.
3. Excellent written/verbal communication and customer service skills.
4. Computer experience in Windows-based environment.
5. Strong customer service focus, responsive to client concerns.
6. Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
7. Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-past environment.
8. Demonstrate high degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
9. Familiarity with Infinite Campus preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard
office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the
ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, 20-35 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Local travel throughout the school district.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma.
2. One year of administrative experience.
3. Current and valid Colorado Driver’s License.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this
job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.