- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Contract Specialist I and II
The contract specialist position is responsible for performing contract assignments in support of local or centralized procurement activity or in the audit/review of that activity. This individual performs professional and technical work involving preparing, reviewing, issuing and monitoring solicitation documents; reviewing and evaluating proposals; preparing, reviewing and issuing contract documents; performing administration of awarded contracts; and monitoring the performance of contracted parties. Work involves small to medium dollar contracts and/or delivery/task orders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares contracts, purchase orders, and delivery orders with all associated award documents for signature by the Contracting Officer. Distributes contracts and orders and maintains official distribution lists.
- Assist in developing business strategies for sourcing of services and one-time buy commodities.
- Assist in the development of solicitation packages for services contracts and prepare prospective supplier lists for bidding.
- Prepare purchase and award determination recommendations for Contractor Officer’s (CO) review.
- Communicate with internal/external customers on procedures related to purchasing.
- Ensure required documents needed for solicit and award of a Services Contract are complete.
- Use USPS purchasing related tools such as eBuy2 and eBuy+, the USPS Enterprise tool for ordering goods and services, Contract Authoring and Management System (CAMS), and EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse).
- Serves as the point of contact with contractors for daily administration of assigned contracts. Maintains official contract file and prepares routing letters, memoranda, and other documents associated with contract administration.
- Assist in putting solicitation documents together and receive proposals
- Prepare all documents using appropriate system, such as, WORD, EXCEL, CAMS
- Resolve payment issues with Postal Payment Center (San Mateo or St. Louis)
- Meeting all performance deadlines
- Maintain proper security clearance throughout the performance period. All security clearance forms must go through the Postal Service’s Inspection Service in Memphis, TN.
- Information received and developed as a result of this work performed under this contract must be kept confidential
- Contractors shall provide support services as needed to the assigned ITSS&RS CMC Team.
- Contractors shall ensure the services acquisitions are completed in a timely manner.
- Contractors shall provide support in implementing purchasing strategies.
- Contractors shall set up meetings to discuss issues/concerns with suppliers or relevant internal business partner.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The position also requires the ability to frequently stand, walk, sit, lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position Monday-Friday
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Law, or equivalent field.
- 1-5 years of government contract administration, procurement, accounting or comparable experience. Must be efficient in using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must also have knowledge of postal, federal, or commercial purchasing regulations, policies, and procedures.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CNS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CNS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CNS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CNS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Colorado Network Staffing, Inc.
Colorado Network Staffing, Inc. (CNS) is a full-service staffing and staff augmentation small business with more than 25 years of experience in the staffing industry. Established in 1996, CNS has provided a range of staffing solutions (Temp, Temp to Hire, and Permanent placement) to the public and private sectors in more than 25 states. In doing so, CNS has attentively cared for and served more than 250 clients, across the spectrum of staffing services, providing them with more than 3000 temporary and direct-hire personnel. Our areas of expertise include, Office Support, Trades, Scientific, and Technical Support.