Insurance Representative - Healthcare Business Office
- Posted: 4 days ago
At Colorado Mountain Medical, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
The Insurance Representative is responsible for corresponding with insurance carriers, Medicare, Medicaid, and patients as applicable to collect on delinquent accounts, appeal denied claims, and resolve unpaid accounts. Our ideal candidate has 2 or more years of experience in a medical office, is familiar with diagnostic and billing codes and has experience with Colorado Medicaid.
This is a full time position and the location will be in our Business Office in Eagle, CO.
As a condition of employment, Colorado Mountain Medical requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promptly answers incoming calls in a professional manner, transfers to appropriate person, takes message if required or provide assistance as applicable.
- Processes electronic and paper claims, documenting according to set standards and procedures.
- Identifies delinquent accounts and corresponds with insurance carriers, Medicare, Medicaid, and patients as applicable to collect on those accounts, documenting according to set standards and procedures.
- Processes claim denial appeals, documenting according to set standards and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains patient accounts as applicable.
- Assists patients who have questions about their insurance balances.
- Completes other tasks and duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of medical office or billing experience preferred.
- Ability to understand explanation of benefits, medical records and insurance carrier correspondence.
- Computer and typing proficiency.
- Strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
- Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and be detail oriented.
- Ability to foster professional and productive relationships.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, human anatomy, HIPAA compliance and OSHA rules and regulations preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for more than 50% of the day.
- Walking and standing for less than 50% of the day.
- Occasionally lifts moves or exerts force up to 35 lbs.
- Works indoors in an office environment.
Colorado Mountain Medical
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Colorado Mountain Medical