Endocrinology Administrative Assistant
- Posted: 9 days ago
At Colorado Mountain Medical, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
. The Endocrinology Administrative Assistant will support the development and implementation of Colorado Mountain Medical's Endocrinology Diabetic Center of Excellence, fundraising strategies and activities to advance the mission and vision of the Endocrinology Department. This position will help manage Population Health strategies that pertain to the Endocrinology department's advancement in community initiatives.
This position offers remote work flexibility with some in-person work required.
This position is part time, approximately 25 hours weekly, and is benefit eligible with the potential to grow into a full-time position as business needs demand. The workdays and hours will have some flexibility. The work location will include both in-person in our Edwards Office as well as remote.
As a condition of employment, Colorado Mountain Medical requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the Endocrinology Clinical and Administrative Team to ensure comprehensive development, implementation, and success of the Diabetic Center of Excellence.
- Aligns practice strategy and workflows to current American Diabetic Association standards.
- Performs regular key performance indicator and data analysis as it pertains to the success and strategy of Endocrinology, as advised by the Endocrinology Medical Director and CMM Senior Management.
- Assists with operational needs and regular process improvements, as indicated by the Endocrinology Medical Director and CMM Senior Management.
- Assists and implements community outreach initiatives as specified by Population Health Leadership and the Endocrinology Medical Director.
- Initiates the development of new forms, measurement matrixes, scoreboards, and other tracking tools.
- Work to build and creative an integrative clinical program for the delivery of high-quality care to patients living with all forms of diabetes mellitus.
- Collaborate with several different service lines and departments within CMM and Vail Health to create a comprehensive care model.
- Work with larger employers/insurers to improve formulary coverage for diabetes mellitus (DM) medications, devices and supplies to benefit patients and reduce workload on the office.
- Streamline/improve systems to ensure patients receive DM medications, devices and supplies in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to the Quality Coordinator for the ADA Diabetes Education Program to achieve certification. This may include submitting forms, tracking outcomes, etc.
- Assist in creating systems to track outcomes of DM care. This includes identifying ways to discretely capture such data in the electronic medical record and extract that data for processing and tracking quality metrics. This data will also be used for future grant applications.
- Work with Vail Health and CMM Executive Leadership Teams on identifying, creating, and improving physical spaces used for patient care activities.
- Work with the Vail Health Foundation on identifying need for further funding/support for the Diabetic Center of Excellence and optimal utilization of funds.
- Identify local, state, federal grants that we can apply for to support the care of patients with diabetes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in business related field strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical administrative capacity, preferably with policy documentation and creation.
- 1-2 years of experience as an employee or volunteer for a not-for-profit institution.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Grant writing experience strongly preferred.
- Superior communications skills, including writing and presentation skills, as well as ability to present before a group.
- Project coordination/management experience.
- Ability to track and meet deadlines effectively.
- Data analysis and reporting experience.
- Strong computer software program skills in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, human anatomy, HIPAA compliance and OSHA rules and regulations preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for more than 50% of the day.
- Walking and standing for less than 50% of the day.
- Occasionally lifts, moves, or exerts force up to 50lbs.
- Working indoors in an office environment and remotely in a home office
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a medical clinic environment.
Colorado Mountain Medical
HealthcareView all jobs at Colorado Mountain Medical