The Project Manager is responsible in planning, executing and finalizing projects for Colorado Mechanical System customers. This individual will maintain a sense of urgency, responsibility and resourcefulness through the life of each project. They will source and procure high quality goods and materials, ensuring delivery and progress in a timely manner and within budgetary constraints. The Project Manager will also build and nurture relationships with coworkers, external customers and suppliers through clear, consistent and timely communication.
· Manage and direct Project Engineer(s) and General Superintendent(s)
· Complete documentation and conduct “redirection” sessions with Project Engineer(s) and General Superintendent(s) for reprimands of inappropriate behavior, sub-standard performance, poor quality, etc., not following company policies or procedures, as needed, obtaining employee signature. Notify General Superintendent and Human Resources.
· Participate in formal hand-off meetings with Project Engineers and Estimators on newly awarded /contracted projects being added to Project Job Load
· Analyze new project requirements and assign General Superintendents and Foremen
· Conduct hand-off meetings to General Superintendents and Foremen reviewing blueprints, specifications, materials, equipment, budgets, schedules and manpower
· Visit ALL assigned project job sites on a weekly basis (minimum) to document progress, materials, workers
· Review all projects and ensure all critical milestones are tracking to completion by documented deadlines. This may entail additional work site visits and adjusting resources.
· Provide project status updates to Colorado Mechanical Systems Management on a weekly basis
· Work directly with General Superintendents on assigned projects detailing status on project hours, project materials/equipment, subcontractors and project schedule.
· Track all manpower needs of current project
· Estimate and forecast manpower needs of projects in backlog (considering the current work in progress)
· Procure materials/equipment in an effort to come in under budget with a high level of integrity and ethical practice
· Review material fab sheets and determine if the material is to be outsourced or completed in-house based on budget and schedule.
· Conduct weekly review of purchase orders to identify correct pricing/billing, amount of materials (over/under), ensuring materials are necessary for the project, personal tool purchases are documented and accounted for, and for the possibility of theft on the site
· Ensure all Change Orders have General Contractor signatures before beginning work and inform General Superintendent with Change Order status (pending approval, approved)
· Prepare for and attend monthly Billing Meetings
· Prepare for and attend weekly Project Management meetings with; “actual” hours incurred for each project, plus what manpower resources are required for the reminder of the month; “actual” materials/equipment purchased to date, including an estimate on additional needs for the remainder of the month; communicate concerns on any project; and existing and pending change orders
· Quality Control all assigned projects; it is essential to have a presence with the General Contractor; weekly visits (meetings, lunch, etc.) with the General Contractor assigned point of contact is critical
· Conduct internal walk-through and provides the General Superintendent and Foreman with detailed information on any issues/concerns/corrections that need to be completed before the final walk through with the General Contractor
· Verify PPE is being used by all CMS employees on each site visit and Foremen and Superintendents are conducting weekly safety meetings and reporting all injuries or near misses to the CMS Safety Manager
· Hold all site workers, including Foremen and Superintendents accountable to keep job sites clean and clear of unnecessary trash and clutter
· Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
· Capable of reading blueprints and specifications
· Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· 1 year of Supervisory experience
· Proficient at Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word. Experience with Blue Beam is a plus.
· Superior organizational and time management skills
· Must be detail oriented
· 3 years of previous experience with Project Management in the mechanical/plumbing industry, preferred
· Able to work independently or as part of a team
· Must possess the ability to multitask