- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Data Analyst, as part of the data team, will leverage strong analytical skills and program experience to play a cross-functional role between the data team and other departments within CHA. With a unique set of data and products, the CHA data team, provides valuable information, dynamic analysis, and thought leadership to hospitals in Colorado and other hospital associations and customers throughout the US. The Analyst will oversee a portfolio of data and analytic products and deliverables to help CHA achieve strategic goals. These data initiatives will deliver value to key areas such as clinical quality outcomes, health equity, and enhancing member engagement.
*We are considering a wide range of skillsets for this role. This position could potentially be hired as a Senior Data Analyst, depending on candidate qualifications. We encourage candidates of all experience levels to apply.
The Data Analyst is responsible for:
· Developing, maintaining, and managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards, and other BI solutions.
- Creating analytical reports using Alteryx, Power BI, Excel, and/or SQL.
- In partnership with the Quality Improvement and Patient Safety department at CHA, developing and managing programs related to clinical quality improvement on behalf of member hospitals
- Supporting Quality Improvement and Patient Safety department at CHA plan for and execute grants
- Supporting all CHA departments (Policy, Finance, Patient Safety, Communications, Rural) with data requests, analyses, visualizations, and reports.
- Working with the Data Quality & Security Program Manager and others to collect and review Discharge data and other datasets.
- Maintaining and improving weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual data processing and reporting processes, including regular digital reports and datasets for purchasers.
- Helping to manage and maintain the Data Center digital platform, ODHIN, through database management, visualization development and member training/support.
· Supporting the productivity and development of other team members by helping problem solve, sharing analytic skills and providing training as needed.
- Staying up to date on the needs of data team, government, hospital members, or vendors and how they translate to new application features.
- Following and ensuring all security, HIPAA, and internal policies for appropriate use and protection of PHI and sensitive data.
- Reviewing Power BI access requests and creating user accounts on Azure Active Directory, assigning proper level of access based on requestor’s role and HIPAA guidance.
- Participating in meetings with members and other stakeholders to gain input on industry trends and best practices and identify areas of future opportunity for CHA.
- Completing other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- BA/BS in health-related sciences or analytics such as, Public Health, Epidemiology, Biomedical, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Behavioral Economics required, MA/MS preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytics and robotic process automation software, such as SPSS, R, SQL, Alteryx, Python, XML/HTML or SAS
- Ability to build and maintain reports in business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- 1-5 years of data analytics or related experience required, work with healthcare related data is preferred
- Experience in a healthcare setting strongly preferred
- A broad familiarity with healthcare issues and an interest in healthcare policy and analysis
- Strong critical thinking and stellar communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience with database management and developing applications
This position presents a unique opportunity for a self-starting, adaptable, and intelligent individual to further develop a valuable skill-set and innovate in a rewarding work environment.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in collaboration with other teams
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated organizational skills and personable positive attitude
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines
- Analytical problem-solving ability
- Ability to handle confidential or proprietary information and situations discreetly and professionally
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and to complete tasks on time
- Professional telephone and email etiquette, professional appearance and demeanor, able to interact with all levels within the organization
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced office work environment.
- Presentation of technical material in group settings required occasionally.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
- Occasional weekend or evening work may be needed.
- May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files on a regular basis. Proper lifting techniques required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office 365 software applications.
- Software applications including Power BI, Alteryx, SQL
- Multi-line telephone with voice mail
- Copy machine
Hiring salary range: $65,000 – $90,000 annually, benefits eligible
The hiring salary range represents a targeted hiring range based on candidate’s experience, education, and/or skill level. The actual starting salary may be more or less depending on individual qualifications and does not represent the position’s full salary range.
CHA strives for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where employees can feel valued as their authentic selves. CHA does this by offering and prioritizing:
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Open and honest discussions about the company and its culture
- An environment where each and every person can make an impact
- Competitive salaries with outstanding employee benefits including 97% employer paid medical coverage with up to $5,000 annual HSA contribution, dental, vision, life/AD&D, long term care, disability insurance, EAP, generous 401(k) contributions, paid time off, annual incentive bonus and more!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CHA makes employment decisions based on the merit and qualifications of those who apply. CHA is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
CHA will make every effort to find a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant that chooses to disclose a physical or mental limitation/disability. If you believe you require accommodation for any stage of the hiring process, please contact CHA at 720-489-1630.
Currently, CHA employees are able to choose between remote or in-person office work. Local candidates are highly preferred as there will be some periodic needs to collaborate in-office. The CHA office is conveniently located in the Denver Tech Center just off I-25 and Orchard, a five minute walk from the Orchard light rail station.
Colorado Hospital AssociationWhy Work Here?
Join one of Colorado's most respected health care organizations and make a meaningful difference. Great culture, impact, pay and benefits!
Colorado Hospital Association (CHA) is a leading voice of Colorado’s hospital and health system community. Representing more than 100 hospitals and health systems through the state, CHA serves as a trusted, credible, and reliable resource on health issues, hospital data and trends for its members, media, policymakers and the general public. Through CHA, Colorado’s hospitals and health systems work together in their shared commitment to improve health and health care in Colorado.
AddressGreenwood Village, CO
TechnologyView all jobs at Colorado Hospital Association