Renaissance Property Management Corporation seeks a Maintenance Technician Lead to provide maintenance to occupied and unoccupied, interior and exterior areas of primary and assigned properties, to participate, lead, and facilitate professional training of maintenance staff on O&M and processes, and to rotate on-call shifts at RPMC properties as directed. Additional essential functions include determining schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel, monitoring work areas, examining tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules and monitoring employee work levels and reviewing work performance. This position requires a performance-driven, resident-focused, hardworking, mentor that goes the extra mile with a passion for quality, excellence in service and team coaching. This position would be located at a property in the Denver area and reports to the Property Manager.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 10 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Regularly inspects buildings, grounds and equipment for required maintenance; schedules and performs repairs as necessary (while training associate technicians if needed).
- Reports emergency conditions to the property manager as soon as possible.
- Performs routine maintenance and reports defects to the property manager in a timely manner.
- Responds to emergencies during scheduled work hours and after hours, including weekends, as needed.
- Performs unit turnovers; tracks and maintains consistent types and appropriate levels of maintenance inventory for all assigned properties in order to meet make-ready deadlines.
- Coordinates the safe and orderly storage, use, and disposal of all inventory parts, doors, screens, appliances, chemicals, supplies and equipment on all assigned properties, which includes professional organization of storage rooms/shops, and ensuring key security.
- Works directly with the Property Manager(s), Regional Manager(s), Maintenance Supervisor, and Safety Director to identify health and safety hazards; uses proper safety procedures necessary to correct identified hazards. Ensures that all safety measures are enforced.
- Provides complete support to the Property Manager in upholding community and corporate standards, policies, and procedures.
- Reads, comprehends and utilizes all sections of the property’s maintenance plan (O&M) with trainees or other technicians. Assists management in modifying O&M when needed and performs preventative maintenance for assigned properties.
- Maintains all common areas in a decent, safe, and sanitary condition. Promotes a clean and healthy environment for all tenants.
- Periodically checks and/or replaces smoke detectors, fire alarm systems, fire extinguishers, emergency alarms, filters, belts, pillow block bearings, small fans and fan motors, exterior and interior locks, doors and windows, and other replaceable components of systems.
- Is responsible for the performance of the maintenance team, while being a positive role model. Provides coaching, mentoring and personal goals to the maintenance team. Schedules daily activities efficiently, monitoring for quality and quantity.
- Proactively participates with property budgets and long range planning recommendations.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor(s) regarding hiring, training, work scheduling, grievances, performance counseling, promotions, demotions and termination of employment. Ensures that all relevant Human Resources and HSE policies and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Participates and makes recommendations in budget preparation and administration, coordinating purchasing and documentation, and monitoring departmental expenditures.
- Maintains a work environment that is marked by respect for others, that reflects the values of Cultural Competency, builds workforce diversity, and that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Performs other duties as required.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid Colorado driver license and current motor vehicle insurance.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Obtains certification (i.e., NATE, CPO, EPA) in area of property maintenance required or needed within the first year as a Maintenance Technician Lead.
- At least 2 years prior experience in effectively managing the maintenance needs of a community.
- Experience leading a team for at least 1 year.
- Proven ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Proficient in writing, speaking and understanding the English language.
- Able to use computers and related applications.
- Must have very high competency in at least one (1) of the following, and a working knowledge of the remainder:
- Fire Suppression Systems.
RPMC is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.