The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Certified Pharmacy Technician I to join its current pharmacy team, together with a multi-disciplinary health care team, to handle electronic and manual billing procedures. This position is located at 2130 Stout Street Denver, CO 80205 and reports to the Pharmacy Operation Manager.
The ideal candidate must be a Colorado Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) and understand pharmacy reimbursement system within a high volume ambulatory care setting.
NOTE: In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date. This may take 4 - 6 weeks to complete. Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares new and refill medications under the direct supervision of Pharmacists and in coordination with other Pharmacy Technicians.
- Keeps appropriate records and documentation.
- Assists patients with prescription need and provides excellent Customer Service directly.
- Tracks prescription orders via Pharmacy tracking system and electronic health record system.
- Assists in problem-solving in matters related to Pharmacy.
- Provides technical support of drug distribution services and inventory management.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of patient information according to organizational protocol and HIPPA regulations.
- Provides other related duties as required.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year work experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Work experience with insurance billing required.
- Board Certification as a Pharmacy Technician with Colorado required (PTCB).
- Current basic life support (BLS/CPR) required or able to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.