The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Bilingual Health Operations Associate to work within a multi-disciplinary health care team performing both independent and delegated duties including screening for eligibility, registering and scheduling eligible persons for health-related services, maintenance of health information and confidentiality systems in accordance with state and federal regulations, provide direction and guidance to homeless persons seeking Coalition services. This position is located at 2130 Stout Street Denver CO, 80205 and reports to the Operations Manager.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Initiates and completes client registration process, which includes screening for eligibility, verifying insurance coverage, creating a health record, scheduling appointments and accurately entering client data into the practice management system.
- Performs health record maintenance, including archiving, destruction, scanning and indexing of health information into health records according to established policies and protocols.
- Sends and receives requests for disclosure of protected health information according to established procedures, ensuring compliance with the HIPPA Privacy Act and confidentiality laws.
- Assists internal and external clients and customers with questions, concerns, accessing CCH services, homeless resources and completing registration forms.
- Greets and directs clients, visitors and guests to the appropriate department.
- Coordinates with the multi-disciplinary health team to maintain an integrated and organized health information system.
- Works closely with a multi-disciplinary healthcare team to achieve efficient patient flow and effective use of clinic resources.
- Answers, directs and responds to all incoming calls.
- Retrieves and delivers health information upon request of health care staff.
- Works flexible scheduled as needed to meet the needs of patients and CCH.
- Demonstrates competency with continued learning and application of the Electronic Health Record.
- Maintains a professional and confidential work environment.
- Maintains a clean and comfortable lobby and work area.
- Assists with other administrative and health operation tasks as needed, including copying, faxing, word processing, and data entry.
- Is knowledgeable in eligibility requirements for Coalition services and programs.
- Maintains a work environment that is marked by respect for others; that values inclusiveness and builds workforce diversity; and that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of one-year customer service, front desk and medical records experience in a medical or dental setting.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking required.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.