IVF Nurse Coordinator (Full Time Hybrid/Remote)
- Expired: October 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
*** You must reside within the Northern Virginia area. ***
**** This is a Hybrid Nursing position. ****
The IVF Nurse Coordinator (RN) is responsible for providing individualized nursing care to CCRM’s fertility patients. This position works closely with the physicians to coordinate patient care and treatment and consult with patients regarding treatment protocols, medications, and/or required testing procedures. The successful candidate must be a highly skilled and highly qualified RN with a passion and drive to deliver excellent patient care. The IVF Nurse Coordinator is expected to function independently in the role as well as in a team environment, seeking assistance from the physicians, manager and team members as needed. Must be well organized, detailed oriented, self-motivated, possess great customer service skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Non-Exempt (hourly)
- Medical records of each patient and assure appropriate data is entered into the patient’s EMR.
- Collaborate with physician in developing and implementing a treatment plan appropriate to individual patient.
- Provide initial patient consultation after consultation with physician.
- Coordinate all infertility diagnostic tests and treatment plans with patient at direction of physician.
- Answer patient questions regarding patient cycles and calendars.
- Follow up with patient after ultrasound scan.
- Assure accountability for infertility/IVF patients each day, including ultrasounds, lab tests, physician orders, and other related items.
- Communicate with patient in person or on the telephone regarding patient medication, treatment plans, and test results.
- Perform intrauterine inseminations, as directed.
- Document into EMR all patient plans and interactions with patient and physician.
- Place patient orders into EMR.
- Responsible for patient scheduling, and coordinates with surgery/front desk ART scheduling.
- Responsible to assure all consents are signed in a timely manner.
- Responsible to assure that communicable disease testing is complete, accurate, and appropriate.
- Responsible to see that all patient documents are reviewed, accurately placed in the EMR, and discussed with physician.
- Responsible to provide education to patient to prepare them to undergo procedures/testing related to infertility testing, insemination, in vitro (IVF) fertilization, FET, and egg vitrification, etc.
- Responsible for ongoing communication and documentation between the physician and the patient.
- Monitor established pregnancies via ultrasonography and lab tests, through the first 8-12 weeks of pregnancy and documents updates in the patient’s EMR.
- Provide compassion and emotional support to patient throughout their infertility experience.
- Participate in educating and/or training nurses, as directed.
- Assist with quality improvement projects.
- Maintain professional standing by participating in continuing education and professional organization membership.
- Participate in research, as appropriate.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, tasks, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities, tasks, and activities of this position are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be well-organized with excellent interpersonal skills, proven multitasking skills, and a demonstrated self-directed work ethic.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent customer service skills along with good communication skills. Must possess a high level of independent judgment and accuracy.
- Must communicate positively and professionally with all internal and external customers, physicians, and team members.
- Must have the ability to function independently, and seek assistance from the physicians and team members as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated to him/her as well as a willingness to perform duties of other employees as needed.
- Support CCRM’s vision and mission.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Demonstrate an ability to function successfully in a team environment.
- Exhibit courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers. Displays a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Participates in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintains HIPAA and Confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, HIV confidentiality.
- Understands and asses for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Practice Administrator.
- Utilizes time efficiently.
Education and Experience
- Current State Registered Nurse license without limitations.
- Current BLS Certification
- 2+ years of previous experience in women’s health, fertility, OB/GYN, strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of previous nursing experience in other RN roles.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with daily use of instrumentation and equipment; daily use of chemicals, such as Formalin; daily use of medical supplies, equipment and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
CCRM is an industry-leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis. CCRM is proud to assist in building all kinds of families.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
Compensation & Benefits
CCRM proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package to full-time employees, including paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and 401(k) with company match.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
Colorado Center For Reproductive Medicine
HealthcareView all jobs at Colorado Center For Reproductive Medicine
Get fresh IVF Nurse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.