Part-Time Weekends BMT Advanced Practice Provider – Inpatient Service
· Job Type: PRN
· FTE/Bi-Weekly Hours: 1 weekend per month
· Shift: Weekend day shift, 1 weekend (Saturday and Sunday) per month.
Blood Cancer and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Experts
The Colorado Blood Cancer Institute Medical Group is a private practice specialized blood cancer group providing care to patients with hematologic malignancies. We are affiliated with Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center and a part of the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. Physicians provide the full spectrum of care from point of diagnosis forward. Treatments include conventional therapy, autologous and allogenic transplant and Immune Effector Cell Therapy. Our specially trained hematologists are committed to advancing science and care for patients with blood cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
Having performed more than 4,000 transplants, Colorado Blood Cancer Institute is the largest and most experienced full-service blood and marrow (stem cell) transplant program in Colorado and among the top programs in the country. CBCI is accredited by the Foundation for Accreditation of Cellular Therapies (FACT), the global standard for top quality patient care in cellular therapies. We work closely with our physician colleagues from New Mexico to Montana to provide patients with nationally recognized care and access to the most innovative clinical trials.
We are seeking a licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant able to work in the state of Colorado, one weekend per month. Applicants should be comfortable working in a high volume, high acuity setting. While we are willing and able to train high-potential candidates, those with BMT experience are strongly preferred. Candidates must have inpatient, critical care, BMT, or other relevant experience as an APP.
BMT Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) for Inpatient Service. The Advanced Practice Provider provides and coordinates care for CBCI patients hospitalized at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Hospital. The APP takes primary responsibility for assigned patients, coordinating with consultants and the multidisciplinary team, and participates in multidisciplinary rounds. The APP has the support of the CBCI hospital physician and staffs each patient. The APP is responsible for primary documentation and developing/implementing the plan of care under supervision of the CBCI hospital physician.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. APP may also perform other duties as assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility entailed. The essential functions of an Advanced Practice Professional fall into two categories: Inpatient Clinical Care, and Procedures.
Inpatient Clinical Care (90%)
· Rotates between various units as assigned in the inpatient setting, with the focus on CBCI patient/provider continuity.
· Provides expert-level care to assigned patients on the CBCI service.
· Prepares and oversees the plan of care daily, participating in multidisciplinary rounds and coordinating patient care with our multidisciplinary teams (nursing, pharmacy, dieticians, psychology, social care) and other clinical staff, consulting specialists, and administrative departments within the hospital as necessary to provide world class cancer care.
· Completes CBCI hospital admissions and discharges with input from the CBCI clinic or hospital physician.
· Presents patients to and rounds with supervising physician, amends plan of care accordingly.
· Follows patients in ICU as assigned providing critical care services in coordination with CBCI hospital physician and critical care team.
· Provides inpatient care to patients on research studies as assigned. The APP maintains up-to-date awareness of all applicable studies and completes training as assigned by the research team.
· Places orders and completes all documentation (related to admission history and physicals, daily notes, interim hospital summaries, hospital discharge summaries, and procedures) within the EMR in a timely manner.
· Performs procedures in both the inpatient and outpatient settings as assigned.
· Procedures include but may not be limited to bone marrow biopsy with and without sedation, skin biopsy, and procedural clearance for patients receiving photopheresis.
CBCI is partnered with HCA and a proud member of the Sarah Cannon Research Network
Sarah Cannon brings together physician-led blood cancer programs across the United States and United Kingdom to offer patients convenient access to care including blood and marrow transplants, CAR-T cell therapy and clinical trials. Sarah Cannon is one of the largest providers of blood and marrow transplantation, performing over 1,100 BMTs annually, with 9 FACT/JACIE accredited programs across the network. Through standardization of clinical pathways, SOPs, and quality plan, the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network is committed to providing the highest level of quality care.
At CBCI you don’t have to compromise between a great job and a great place to live. With 300 days of sunshine a year, fantastic culture, beautiful and diverse living options, and the Rocky Mountains in your back yard, Denver has something to offer for everyone in the family.
From the Red Rocks Outdoor Amphitheater for music to the Center for the Performing Arts and multiple top-notch museums and art galleries, Denver and Colorado will meet all your cultural desires. Entertainment options from every major professional sport to a thriving restaurant scene, hundreds of breweries, and even rodeos allow for fun in every season.
The Rocky Mountains will soon become your favorite playground with year-round outdoor recreation including world class skiing, fishing, cycling, kayaking, camping, climbing, and hiking. People in Denver can’t get enough of the outdoors and with year-round fantastic weather you will quickly see why!
Please visit us and learn more about Denver at the following web sites: