Position: Medical Assistant
Location: Lakewood Clinic
Hours: Full-time (Four 9-hour days, 36 hours per week)
Position Purpose: This part-time position is responsible for direct and indirect care of adult and pediatric patients under the direction of the physicians, physician assistants, Clinic Manager and/or Staff Nurse(s). We are looking for an experienced, responsible individual to contribute depth & knowledge to our busy practice.
- Shows competency in Clinic Assistant II Skills within 60 days of employment – includes allergy testing, allergic reactions, asthma treatments as well as operating daily in providers schedules.
- Shows competency in Clinic Assistant III Skills (i.e., Injection Desk) within 6 months
- Assures patient satisfaction by working as a team member with all personnel, including exhibiting exceptional customer service skills
- Cross-Training duties, to include:
- Back Office Patient Schedule
- Allergy injection duties
- Front Desk skills
- Demonstrates flexibility, professionalism and a high-level of motivation
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility
- Performs additional duties as deemed necessary
- OSHA and HIPAA Compliant
* Responsibilities are subject to change at any time based on company needs.
Benefits include: Medical (100% paid for employee for HDHP/HSA), dental (100% paid for employee for DHMO or 50% for PPO), flex spending accounts, health savings accounts, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, AD&D, LTD, EAP, 401(k) plus company match, profit sharing, incentive plan, tuition reimbursement and 4 day work week. No nights, no holidays, possibly in rotation for 1 Saturday (half-day) per month depending on location.
- Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant School with Colorado Certification or
- Combination of experience and education
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience preferred
- CPR Certification
- Demonstrated leadership skills a plus
- Strong, professional references required