Revenue Cycle Analyst
Color Brands Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Color Brands is an international food & beverage distribution company looking to grow by adding a Credit Analyst to the Finance team. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a solid understanding of financial analysis, financial ratios, budgeting and statistical analysis. The candidate will provide detail-oriented attention to all pieces of the order to cash process covering the life-cycle of an order.
To be successful in this role, the analyst will take full ownership of the customer A/R follow-up process and take the initiative to build a rapport with key stakeholders to ensure they get the information they need to perform the functions.
- Track payments received on a daily basis and determine whether customer orders on financial hold due to not fully adhering to payment terms can be released to the customer or shipped out
- Send out daily reports to provide the leadership team with visibility on collections and highlight specific issues that need support from the sales team
- Follow up with customers or the relevant sales lead at least twice a week for payments providing them with expected payments for that week not yet received.
- Liaise with the sales team and the documentation team to proactively manage order shipment and release by providing a real-time view of customer payment status
- Create the weekly report on A/R goal and payment received by customers and send it out thrice a week along with orders on Finance hold that can be released.
- Perform a quarterly analysis of master budget assumptions that have significantly changed and create the quarterly reforecast to reflect the reality at that time.
- Calculate monthly metrics of AR Turnover ratio by customer, by country, by payment terms, by volume of business transacted, by brand, and overall for CB US and CB UK by the 15th calendar day of the following month
- Perform a monthly reconciliation with suppliers and freight forwarders for with whom we have more than $300k/month in transactions and quarterly reconciliation with suppliers with whom we have between $150k and $300k/month in transactions.
- Perform bi-weekly reconciliation of MTD revenue between accounting system and order management system and submit a report to Controller/VP Finance. Resolve reconciliation discrepancies within 15 days of identifying discrepancies by working with the revenue manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience working in the Finance team of a business, preferably in the retail, wholesale, or CPG industry (not SaaS)
- 3+ years of experience working on A/R collections and financial analysis
- Expertise in using Microsoft Excel is required. Proficiency in coding using VBA for Excel is preferred.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of credit risk, credit insurance, and payment terms
Must have excellent communication skills both written and oral
We also believe in creating a collaborative team environment by hosting weekly happy hours, stocking our shelves with snacks and beverages from our brand partners, and providing our employees a monthly spending limit for team social outings.
Color BrandsWhy Work Here?
Join a rapidly growing international company with excellent career growth potential in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
Color Brands distributes leading consumer brands to premium retail and distribution customers worldwide. We specialize in the export of food, beverage, and nutrition items – some of the world’s most famous brands – to 70+ countries. We are headquartered in the West Loop neighborhood of Chicago in a renovated warehouse loft with access to the incredible West Loop food scene and the Morgan L line station. We provide compelling brand and customer solutions driven by technology, innovation, and a truly global reach. Outside our Chicago office, we have sales team members located around the world to focus on key markets such as Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. We also believe in creating a collaborative team environment by hosting weekly happy hours, stocking our shelves with snacks and beverages from our brand partners, and providing our employees a monthly spending limit for team social outings.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Color Brands