Colony Hardware is seeking an experienced Warehouse Associate to join our team in Countryside, RI! Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Associate has primary responsibility for keeping merchandise organized and ready to ship to customers and branch locations, as well as receiving incoming merchandise from various sources, performing inventory counts and verifying contents against packing slips.
*The hours for this position is 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
• Receives and inspects incoming merchandise to ensure that delivery matches packing slip.
• Examines incoming stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisor or vendor.
• Sorts, organizes, and labels merchandise with appropriate stock/inventory control codes.
• Performs scheduled cycle counts of product for inventory and enters data manually in computer to ensure information is updated.
• Loads truck with packed orders in an organized and specified sequence.
• Reads pick tickets, prioritizing most critical orders, and verifies item picked matches the pick tickets.
• Packs and unpacks items to be stocked on shelves following a set of specific instructions or procedures.
• Sends picked orders to the packing department after verifying item is free of defects or damage.
• Moves completed orders to appropriate shipment locations.
• Operates forklift to lift or place merchandise in their appropriate locations on shelves.
• Ensures that warehouse is kept orderly, organized, and clean during production and at the end of the shift.
• Occasionally moves company vehicles and motorized equipment.
• Communicates issues to supervisor for resolution.
• Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a warehouse or distribution center.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and perform multiple tasks.
- Analytical ability including basic math skills.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and climb stairs, stretch, and bend.
- Ability to navigate websites and able to see, review, and interpret computer images and written documents.
- Must have excellent time management, negotiation, critical thinking, decision making, and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading, and writing in the English language with the ability to converse verbally with others on the phone and/or in person.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills with the ability to interpret customer needs as well as demonstrate a customer service mindset when dealing with internal and external customers.
Physical requirements include:
Lifting up to 100 pounds while demonstrating safety techniques
Moving about the warehouse and loading dock area majority of the day
Exiting and entering vehicles several times per day
Must be able to climb stairs, crouch, bend, stoop, kneel, and work in small spaces
and various climates.
Equipment used include:
Desktop computer and mouse/tablet.
Telephone, cellphone, fax machine, GPS.
Forklift and motorized pallet jack.
Scanning equipment, such as RF scanners
Motor vehicles, such as vans and trucks.
Colony Hardware is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.