Colony Hardware is looking for a receiving associate to join our receiving team in Woonsocket, RI. Reporting to the Shift Manager, this position has primary responsibility for receiving incoming merchandise from various sources, performing inventory counts and verifying contents against packing slips. The receiving associate will also be responsible for unloading and unpacking merchandise adhering to all labeling and stocking policies and procedures.
*Hours are 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (may vary)
- Receives and inspects incoming merchandise to ensure that delivery matches packing slip.
- Labels merchandise with appropriate stock/inventory control codes.
- Operates forklift to lift or place merchandise on shelves.
- Stocks shelves with unpacked items.
- Performs scheduled cycle counts of product for inventory.
- Organize and maintain warehouse in an efficient manner.
- Communicates issues to supervisor for resolution.
- Ensures that warehouse is kept orderly and clean at end of shift.
- May be asked occasionally to move company vehicles and motorized equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of prior warehouse experience.
- Familiarity with scanning equipment preferred.
- Ability to operate stand up fork lift preferred.
- Ability to prioritize work and perform multiple tasks.
- Must have customer service mindset when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Valid drivers license.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading and writing in the English language.
- Proficiency in use of computer.
- Ability to stand on concrete floor for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in various climate conditions such as cold, heat, humidity for long periods of time.
- Ability to crouch, stoop, kneel, crawl and twist for lifting.
- Ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to review and interpret computer images and written documents.
- Analytical ability including basic math skills.
- Ability to listen to and interpret customers needs.
- Communication skills including speaking, reading and writing.
- Computer , keyboard and mouse
- Telephone and fax
- Manual and electric pallet jack
- Bar code scanner
- Sit down and narrow-aisle reach fork lifts
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed. Excellent attendance, punctuality and a customer service mindset are mandatory.
Colony Hardware is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women, veterans and minorities.