Reporting to the Operations Manager in our Orange, CT headquarters and distribution center, the Picker/Packer (Part-Time) has primary responsibility for keeping merchandise organized and ready to ship to customers as well as branch locations. The Picker/Packer is also responsible for selecting merchandise sold by inside or outside sales team or at the branch retail store locations, stacking and piling goods into their correct containers and preparing merchandise/items for shipment.
This position is a part-time (approximately 30 hours per week), Monday through Friday, 12:00 PM to 5:30 PM position*.
Excellent attendance, punctuality, and working a flexible schedule, including weekends, is required.
- Reads pick tickets, prioritizing most critical orders, and verifies item picked matches pick tickets.
- Sends picked orders to packing department
- Packs goods following a specific set of instructions/procedures Properly seals and labels each container
- Sorts and organizes merchandise for easy access
- Moves completed orders to appropriate shipment location
- Loads trucks with packed orders in a specified sequence
- Communicates issues to supervisor for resolution
- Ensures that Distribution Center is kept orderly and clean during production and at end of shift
- May be asked occasionally to move company vehicles and motorized equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of prior Distribution Center experience
- Familiarity with scanning equipment preferred
- Ability to operate stand-up forklift preferred
- Ability to prioritize work and perform multiple tasks
- Must have customer service mindset when dealing with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Valid drivers license
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading and writing in the English language.
- Proficiency in use of computer
- Ability to stand on concrete floor for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in various climate conditions such as cold, heat, humidity for long periods of time
- Ability to crouch, stoop, kneel, crawl and twist for lifting
- Ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs
- Ability to review and interpret computer images and written documents
- Analytical ability including basic math skills
- Ability to listen to and interpret customers needs
- Communication skills including speaking, reading and writing
- Computer, keyboard and mouse
- Telephone and fax
- Bar code scanners
- Scales (counting and weight)
- Manual and electric pallet jacks
Colony Hardware is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.