Colony Hardware, doing business as National Tool Supply, is seeking an experienced delivery driver for our West Park, FL branch. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position has primary responsibility for the pick up and delivery of merchandise in a safe and timely manner using company vehicles.
- Performs pre-trip inspections of vehicle, equipment, paperwork and loaded product
- Loads truck with packed orders, sorting and organizing merchandise so that it can be easily located on trucks
- Delivers all orders (materials, tool repairs, rental products) to customers in a timely and courteous manner.
- Check in with customer either by phone or text at each designated account to announce arrival and serve as company liaison for the customer
- Collect payments from customers if required and verifies cash payment with customer prior to accepting payment to ensure correct collection.
- Communicate with branch dispatcher and/or supervisor if issues arise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must be 21 years of age.
- Minimum one year of prior commercial driving experience
- CDL-B driver’s license preferred.
- Clean driving record in good standing, free of any moving violations
- Familiarity with scanning equipment preferred
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and perform multiple tasks
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize work and perform multiple tasks
- Must have customer service mindset when dealing with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading and writing in the English language.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and demonstrate a customer service mindset.
- Ability to sit in vehicle for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in various climate conditions such as cold, heat, humidity for long periods of time
- Ability to crouch, stoop, kneel, crawl and twist for lifting
- Ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs
- Ability to review and interpret computer images and written documents
- Analytical ability including basic math skills
- Ability to listen to and interpret customers needs
- Communication skills including speaking, reading and writing
- Smart phone
- Hand truck for moving merchandise
- GPS system
- Manual and electric pallet jack
Excellent attendance, punctuality and customer service mindset are mandatory.
Colony Hardware is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women, veterans and minorities.