Colony Hardware, also doing business as Phillip's Contractors, is seeking a CDL Class B Delivery Driver to join our team in Cleveland, Ohio! Reporting to the Operations or Branch Manager, this position has primary responsibility for the pickup and delivery of merchandise in a safe and timely manner using company vehicles.
*The hours for this position are Monday-Friday, 6:00 to 3:00 PM - NO weekends and NO overnights!
- Performs pre-trip inspections of vehicle, equipment, paperwork and loaded product.
- Loads truck with packed orders, sorting and organizing merchandise so that it can be easily located on trucks.
- Delivers all orders (materials, tool repairs, rental products) to customers in a timely and courteous manner.
- Checks in with customer either by phone or text at each designated account to announce arrival and serve as company liaison for the customer.
- Collects payments from customers if required and verifies cash payment with customer prior to accepting payment to ensure correct collection.
- Ensures all signatures are received when making deliveries by utilizing the signature capture POS system.
- Communicates with branch dispatcher and/or supervisor if issues arise.
- Maintains all vehicles/trucks and communicates with branch dispatcher and/or fleet manager to coordinate special appointments for fleet maintenance.
- Assists in warehouse operations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of prior commercial driving experience and deliveries.
- Valid Driver’s License. Motor Vehicle Record must show a record of sustained safe driving with no moving violations in the last 3 years.
- CDL-B Driver’s License required.
Physical requirements include:
- Lifting up to 100 pounds while demonstrating safety techniques
- Moving about the warehouse and loading dock area majority of the day
- Exiting and entering vehicles several times per day
- Must be able to climb stairs, crouch, bend, stoop, kneel, and work in small spaces
- and various climates.
Equipment used include:
- Desktop computer and mouse/tablet.
- Telephone, cellphone, fax machine, GPS.
- Forklift and motorized pallet jack.
- Scanning equipment, such as RF scanners
- Motor vehicles, such as vans and trucks.
Colony Hardware is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.