Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced Pipefitters for our Pipe Shop.
We are pleased to accept resumes for 1st Class Pipefitters. This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our cooperate office, located in Norfolk, VA.
- Performs layout, fabrication, installation, testing and repair pipe systems
- Fits pipe and properly prepares joints for welding to meet the specific requirements of the system on which work is being done.
- Works from blueprints and makes fabrication sketches from which another mechanic could fabricate a unit of pipe
- Lays out and figures off set bend and rolling offset bends
- Make up flanges Proper sequence and material required
- Read blueprints and drawings related to the job
- Set up and operate burning torch
- Fabricated and design pipe hangars
- Test piping systems and air and water
- Conduct actions and work behaviors according to safe shipyard practices
- Tack weld, Silver braze, soft solder and burn
- Install simple systems without blueprints
- Work with all materials and sizes of pipe and tubing
- Lay out all piping systems
- Run pipe bending machines
- Evaluate joint allowance and build the piping systems within the required tolerances
- Construct dimensionally correct mock up for offsite prefabrication.
- Work with all types of pipe joints, welded, screwed, soldered, glued, and all types of materials
- Able to properly use hand tools and power tools associated with the trade
- Train insubordinates and supervise crew and senior mechanic
- Adherence to industry codes, specifications, and regulations
- Work independently to complete responsibilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience in shipboard pipefitting.
- Willing and capable of working on government and commercial vessels
- Able to read blueprints and tack weld
- Ability to use hand tools and instruments associated with the Pipefitting trade
- Brazing certs is a plus
- Industrial pipefitting experience is welcomed
- Position compensation is based on experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K, company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)Legal Services
- Annual performance evaluations
- Free and close proximity parking
- Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Although over 140 years old, Colonna’s Shipyard continues to maintain its commitment to modernization, making the capital investments necessary for improvements in efficiency and productivity. Today, Colonna’s is a diverse industrial company with extensive capabilities in commercial and government ship repair, machining and large steel fabrication.
Colonna’s strength is our employees. We employ the best and the brightest in the shipyard industry and we are proud of all that they do. From welders and ship fitters to government contract specialists, we have the right people in place to make sure the job is completed to the highest standards.