Colonna’s West Division, is currently hiring an Operations Manager for immediate work in San Diego, California.
The Operations Manager oversees all key aspects of the project's progress; determines personnel, material, equipment, and facilities needed, establishes priorities and work sequences, and maintains balanced workload among subordinates through proper distribution of work projects and allotment of manpower, equipment, and materials.
- Administer every aspect of ship repair projects including purchasing, planning and scheduling, production oversight, contractual modifications, final bill settling, and invoicing
- Oversee all technical ship repair work including machinery overhauls, steel work, paint application, electrical modifications, piping repairs and installations, and propulsion plants.
- Translates company strategies into tactical plans. Creates and prioritizes necessary resources and steps required to accomplish goals on time
- Provides deck plate management to shipyard managers, supervisors, and foreman
- Directs activities in areas of safety and personnel, production, scheduling, material handling and quality and ensures compliance with all safety, quality, company and regulatory directives in conjunction with management
- Oversee all material acquisitions, including all Government Furnished Material oversight, for jobs from technical drawings and work specifications.
- Contract and oversee, subcontractors from solicitation to completion of work
- Negotiate contractual changes and growth work with customers
- Work with estimating department to put together bid packages based on specifications provided including subcontractor pricing, material costs, and production schedules
- Supervise job sites and projects to all Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations including training customers on safety and compliance rules
- Act as liaison between the American Bureau of Shipping and the United States Coast Guard and other regulatory agencies and the customer ensuring rule compliance and quality craftsmanship
- Responsible for all quality assurance test and inspection plan implementation and completion for projects
- Manage customer relationships by quality work and fair dealings
- Must be proficient in cost planning and budgeting to determine the project's cost baseline
- Determine the scope of the work package
- Approve all time charges and material expenditures, unless specifically delegated some to assigned Supervisors
- Monitor the Physical progress accomplished each week and maintain schedule based on performance.
- Approve all subcontracts and requests for temporary labor
- Verify that all subcontract purchase order values are kept current and that increases and decreases are processed quickly so that job cost can be determined
- Approve all requests for material and rental equipment
- Represent the company in discussions with the customer regarding schedule and support the contract group in developing support for "schedule impact" on change orders when warranted
- Draft or oversee all Condition Reports and Required Reports for submittal to the customer
- Assist in developing and implementing any recovery schedule
- Be the primary point of contact with the customer
- Must have regular, reliable attendance
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment- hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots/shoes and when necessary, respirator
- 10 years of experience in Ship Repair in a Management type capacity running multi-trade crews on Commercial and/or Naval vessels
- 5+ years of experience overseeing multiple projects concurrently
- A clear understanding of cost planning and scheduling
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project
- Experience in dry docks and vessel inspections
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Improvement and achievement orientated
- Attention to detail and documentation
- Thorough knowledge of ship repair processes and sequences
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 401K, company match
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard, Inc. and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.