Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced a candidate within our Maintenance Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for Maintenance Department Resource Manager.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
Our ship repair company is looking for someone to help add, delete, and manage our fleet of construction equipment including heavy trucks and vehicles to aid the operations within 3 divisions. The successful candidate will manage heavy construction equipment and associated attachments, a fleet of trucks, trailers, autos and support equipment.
Daily responsibilities include management of fleet/equipment repairs with shop staff and outside vendors, maintaining proper records and costing data.
- Assign the available resources to each job based on skill, technical knowledge, and working relationships with customers and project supervisors and as agreed with the Project Superintendent
- Review yard work practices and processes, develop and implement improvements
- Assist in developing estimates and schedules
- Provide technical expertise and advice to the Project Superintendent, as needed, in regards to equipment and manpower
- Interview and hire new employees, both permanent and subcontractor as required to efficiently accomplish the yard workload
- Identify training needs of each employee within the maintenance and facilities shops
- Audit the various projects for productivity, safety, and to determine that the personnel assigned have the proper tools and qualifications to work safely and efficiently
- Monitor project progress and address issues with Supervisors, employees, and members of Management
- Conduct research and development investigations to develop and test new processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new equipment, develop new or modify current methods, techniques, and procedures
- Direct and coordinate technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure workers' compliance with established procedures, restrictions, and standards
- Review and maintain heavy equipment and CDL operator qualifications
- Recommend, price, quote and procure needed equipment and supplies
- Manage and coordinate training of personnel within the company
- Work with Programs Manager to develop and maintain new hires for Maintenance and Facilities Apprentice training program
- Applicants should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Computer and organizational skills as well as purchasing, life-cycle management, budgeting, and budget management are essential.
- The candidate should have a minimum five years mechanic experience plus substantial management experience.
- Salary dependent on strength of candidate.
- Attract, train, motivate, and retain a skilled work force.
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• On-site Human Resources
• On-site gym
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.