Colonial Mills is a manufacturer of braided-texture area rugs and home décor accessories located in Rumford, Rhode Island. Our team practices Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement processes, which are essential to providing a quality product with beautiful style and long-lasting value. Every finished product is proudly “Made in the USA” at our Rumford manufacturing facility. For more information about our company and our products, please visit our website at www.colonialmills.com.
The ideal candidate as the Applications Developer should be capable of quickly learning existing systems and infrastructure, to include support for critical applications. This person would be willing to learn how the business works and apply that knowledge to continuous improvement projects and daily operations with limited supervision. Additionally, they should have moderate project management and business analysis skills, be able to work and communicate with diverse groups of employees, and work with external consultants and technical support groups as necessary to complete assigned tasks. This position will be a backup to the IT Director and participate in a limited on-call rotation. The candidate will be required to participate in critical after-hour and scheduled weekend activities, but only as needed. Finally, it’s highly desirable for the candidate to be open and willing to learn new technologies, including databases, EDI development/integration, and some administrator tasks to assist during busy times.
Key skills to your success in our organization include:
- 5+ years - VB.net and C#.net desktop development
- 5+ years - MSSQL DBMS 2012+ and SQL/T-SQL
- 3+ years - Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (SSRS/SSIS)
- 3+ years - Experience with ERP systems, implementation, integration, and support
- 1+ years - Experience with barcode systems and mobile devices
- 1+ years - Crystal Reports
- ASP.NET web development is very helpful
- Project Management or basic understanding
- Understanding of general manufacturing and supply chain operations
- Understanding of Lean and continuous process strategies
Valuable pluses that will help you be the ideal candidate:
- Desktop, server, AD, and VM support with Microsoft technologies, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008+
- Experience with firewall/networking/backup, configuration and support
- Experience with wireless and tablet technology
- Knowledge with geometric and financial mathematics
- Understanding of cost accounting and product design/engineering
- Experience with EDI documents and processes
- Some experience with any of the following various topics: Barracuda hardware devices, Systems Development Lifecycle, Office 365 and e-mail security, IIS, WSUS, Hyper-V, VoIP phones, security camera systems, alarm systems
Education & Training:
Bachelor of Computer Science in an applicable major, similar program, or a comparable level of work experience
Colonial Mills offers a clean office environment, open-book policies, a collaborative management style, and market compensation (commensurate with experience) to our potential candidates. Benefit package includes - 401K, Incentives, Health Plans, with supplemental accident and life insurance available. If you feel your experience and skills could be a good fit, we invite you to apply by sending a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com.
Colonial Mills, Inc.
Why Work Here?Colonial Mills is a USA-manufacturer of braided-texture area rugs and accessories. Located in Rumford, Rhode Island, in the birthplace of America's textile industry, we bring adaptable design and craftsmanship to home fashions. At Colonial Mills, we practice Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement processes, and Open Book management. We're proud of our family-owned company, and proudly Made in the USA. For more information about our company and our products, please visit our website at colonialmills.com.
Awesome Company Culture! Great Benefits!