- Posted: over a month ago
Bowie, MD - NYC, NY - Lancaster, PA - Piscataway, NJ, US | Full-TimeSales Representative: Train Hard, Earn a Career
Colonial Electric values drive over experience, and that mindset has contributed greatly to our success. A successful sales rep will need to be confident and flexible, and able to adapt to the exciting twists and turns that come with the territory. The number one goal is to close business, and doing that translates to success!Is Sales Right for You?
Successful sales representatives work hard and dedicate the time and effort needed to fast-track their careers and grow their professional networks. If you are a hard worker, with a hunger for knowledge and the drive to succeed, then Colonial Electric could be a great place for you to continue your sales journey!Who is Colonial Electric?
We are Colonial Electric, the #1 supplier of commercial electrical and lighting components in the tri-state area. That means we keep the lights on, the electricity flowing, and the factories bright and humming.
Our Team - Our 500 strong team is the fastest and smartest in the lighting and electrical supply business, with the most contracts because we love to win! If you’ve read this far, we’re betting you like to win, too.
A Delightfully Simple Work Culture - You’ll enjoy Colonial Electric because our workspaces and people form a family culture—very different from the corporate world. We are always looking to promote from within and due to our dedicated training team, many have been promoted within the first year!
Work-Life Balance: We are privately-owned and led by men and women of strong character. That means we value the health and happiness of the people who work with us. We’ve done a decent job with work-life balance for 90 years. Back in 1925, we called it “respect.” Everyone who joins Colonial Electric is a respected member of our team.Do I qualify? Let’s take another look at some key skills
a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or one to two years related experience in sales
an appreciation for data and technology
the discipline to stay organized
the curiosity to look into the technical side of our industry
the ability to speak with clarity and precision
prepare sales contracts, and terms of credit for orders
work with teams on the ground and write profitable projects
estimate delivery dates of products for customers in a sales setting
step up to assist teammates with payment issues
follow rules and improvise
enter and maintain data
memorize production and delivery schedules
- closing sales & building relationships
- learning everything about the product you’re selling
- managing your own accounts
- Medical Insurance - Choose a flexible health plan with a tax-free Health Savings Account (HSA)
Free Preventative Care
Contributions from your paycheck are non-taxable and roll-over year after year indefinitely
Access to all facilities in the Blue Cross Blue Shield network
- Dental Benefits - Guardian Dental features a $50 deductible for in-network procedures, offers bonuses, and saves you money with rollovers. So, if you don’t spend all your funds in a year, Guardian rolls over your balance to the next year.
Guardian works with nonprofits to help parents pay for college. Employees can earn tuition reduction. Ask for more information from your talent acquisition manager.
- Vision Benefits - Get yearly eye examinations and financial support to buy new lenses, frames, and contacts. You’ll have access to 70,000 provider locations across the U.S., including well-known retailers like Walmart and America’s Best Glasses. Receive care from NVA credentialed and qualified medical professionals.
Or skip the glasses and enjoy special discounts on LASIK procedures.
- A Better 401(k) for Comfortable Retirement
For every $1.00 you save, Colonial Electric contributes $0.25.
Save above 6% of your salary, and we’ll increase our contribution by 25%. That’s some of the best 401(k) support in the industry.
- Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance At Zero Cost - Colonial Electric offers all full-time employees life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance (AD&D) at zero cost. We pay 100% of your Reliance Standard policy and, in the event of injury or death, your beneficiaries receive insurance payouts immediately.
Colonial offers many additional benefits for employees and their families! Feel free to inquire about our complete benefits guide during the interview process.
Colonial Electric Supply
BusinessView all jobs at Colonial Electric Supply