Colonial Downs and Rosie's Gaming Emporium New Kent, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Position Summary: Responsible for administration of team member benefits in all company operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
1. Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
2. Responsible for fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
3. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information in accordance with established procedures with company policy and state regulations.
4. Administers team member benefits programs; including, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, accidental death, 401k, and all other programs offered.
5. Evaluates and compares existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information. Plans, develops, and/or participates in area and industry surveys. Analyzes results of surveys and develops specific recommendations to remain competitive in the market for review by management.
6. Conducts team member meetings and arranges for enrollment of team members in optional plans. Conducts team member benefit seminars. Revises and reissues all communications material on benefits from time to time. Advises and counsels management and team members on existing benefits.
7. Prepares and executes, with legal consultation, benefit documentation.
8. Works closely with insurance carriers, trustees, and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefit program. Ensures prompt and accurate compliance.
9. Assures company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). Supervises preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and reports necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinates company benefits, with government sponsored programs.
10. Partners with Risk Manager on Worker’s Compensation and safety training.
11. Maintains the HRIS and HIPAA Compliance and systems security.
12. Resolves problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position’s supervisor.
13. Keeps position supervisor informed of relevant activities.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities: In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
• Obtain and retain required license(s).
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
• Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gaming.
• Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
Position Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of benefits administration experience in a high-volume environment, with three years relevant supervisory experience in benefits administration; or a combination of education and experience may be considered. Must have excellent PC skills; including, Microsoft Office, or equivalent applications, and menu-driven programs. Must be knowledgeable in all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to benefits plans and Affordable Care Act. Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills. Must be able to formulate and communicate ideas.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Virginia Racing Commission License
A list of physical demands, equipment, & work environment demands can be reviewed in Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Colonial Downs and Rosie's Gaming Emporium
AddressNew Kent, VA
BusinessView all jobs at Colonial Downs and Rosie's Gaming Emporium