JOB LOCATION: Colombiere Center 9075 Big Lake Road, Clarkston MI 48346
We are seeking a PHYSICAL THERAPIST to join our team! Full Time- 40 hours a week. This person is responsible for assessing the need for, developing and delivering the physical therapy programs to facilitate rehabilitation in conjunction with the Physical Therapy Assistant. The physical therapist identifies the need for and makes referral(s) to other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of the Jesuits. Responsible for implementing individualized therapy programs designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. Responsible for overseeing the Instruction, education and training of Jesuits and caregivers in those skills and functions essential for promoting independence and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology. Directs activities to promote and maintain health.
1. Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of rehab services; adherence to an established plan of care, departments and resident(s)’ schedule, and timely documentation of services.
2. Supervise the Physical Therapy Assistant, temporary licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards.
3. Makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to address the comprehensive needs of the resident.
4. Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team to select the most appropriate therapeutic regiment consistent with the needs and capabilities of each resident.
5. Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of individual resident.
6. Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of fire and safety hazards.
7. Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
8. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment as necessary.
9. Screens, examines and evaluates residents, including history, systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures, synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it, identify precautions/ contraindications and design and plan of care.
10. Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration with the resident and the caregivers, implements the physical therapy treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services.
11. Performs Services including but are not limited to application of the therapeutic techniques in areas such as; therapeutic exercise including aerobic capacity conditioning, balance coordination, agility training, body mechanics and postural stabilization, flexibility exercises, gait and locomotion training, neuromotor development training, relaxation, strength, power, and endurance training. Use of electrotherapeutic, physical agent and mechanical modalities.
12. Designs, fabricates, fits and or applies adaptive devices. And trains residents in the use of adaptive devices included orthotics and prosthetics.
13. Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual’s physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest.
14. Instructs resident in the skills and techniques required for participation in mobility activities and evaluates resident progress, attitudes and behavior as related to rehabilitative potential.
15. Performs routine reexamination as needed/ required to modify/ progress plan of treatment.
16. Performs other related duties as required.
1. Must have good organizational and time management skills.
2. Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
3. He/she must have a valid Physical Therapy license in the state of Michigan.
4. He/She must have a Master’s degree in Physical Therapy.