Positions Available (all positions 8 hour shifts):
Contingent Midnight shift week days and weekends: 16 hours/biweekly
Contingent AM Shift week days and weekends: 16 hours/biweekly
Contingent PM Shift week days and weekends: 16 hours/biweekly
AM Shift- 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
PM Shift - 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM
3rd shift- 10:00 PM - 6:30 AM
The Nurse Aide works under the direction of the Charge Nurse and Director of Nursing, assisting in maintaining a clean, safe, home-like environment, and performing appropriate nursing procedures for the Jesuits. Assist Jesuits and co-workers in a professional and courteous manner. Strives to build meaningful, professional relationships with Jesuits and staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates care and activities with Jesuit preference in mind including oral care, grooming, bathing and dressing, etc. to promote optimum health and caring presence.
- A) Accurately and timely monitoring of vital signs, pulse oximetry, blood glucose, weights, etc., and document pertinent information and condition changes of the Jesuit on the appropriate forms. B) Reports abnormal results immediately to Charge Nurse.
- Actively reinforces and encourages Jesuits’ physical function preventing decline by repositioning, assisting with ambulation and exercises as directed. Adheres to lifting and gait belt policies.
- Assist with tray preparation and feeding as needed.
- Perform hourly bed checks; monitor elimination and assist with toileting.
- Answer telephones, call and emergency lights timely and appropriately.
- Provides safe environment by assisting team in assessing potential for fall etc. and assists with falls and other emergencies. Follows appropriate emergency guidelines.
- Assist resident with Ted hose, treatments and brace application.
- Maintain universal precautions and proper hand washing. Encourages Jesuit hand washing.
- Utilize and monitor departmental supplies in order to maintain economic cost containment, proper storage and adequate availability.
- Assess resident status and report information to the charge nurse.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS [Education/Skills/Abilities]:
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job, including prolonged lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, turning, crouching, independent walking, etc.
- High school or GED diploma.
- Must have a CNA certification.
- Prefers one year experience in long term care.
- Ability/availability to report to work as scheduled, including weekends, overtime, holidays, etc. as required of the position.Ability to cooperate, work with and meet the needs of Jesuits who may be cognitively impaired, angry, confused, hostile or who display a variety of other emotional states, as well as those who are critically or terminally ill.