Tax Manager - State & Local Tax (CPA)
- Posted: 10 days ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Collinson is a global leader in shaping and influencing customer behavior to drive revenue and value for its clients. We provide unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travelers, creating and delivering products and services that increase customer engagement, loyalty and value.
Collinson has brought innovation to the market for over 25 years, from launching Priority Pass™, the first independent global VIP lounge access program, to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct. Today, we continue to invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we deliver superior customer experiences.
We service over 800 clients in 170 countries, employ 2,000 staff in 28 global locations, and manage over 20 million end customers. Our industry and sector specialists provide market-leading experience across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Insurance, Assistance, and Lifestyle Benefits.
Collinson is the world-leading provider of lifestyle membership programs and travel enhancement products. With a tiered product range tailored to the needs of financial and other service providers, we help clients to differentiate their products, drive acquisition, optimize brand offerings and retain valuable customers globally.
What does a Tax Manager, State & Local do?
We are looking for a Tax Manager who will work to ensure that the US Group’s state and local taxes are managed effectively and efficiently as well as ensuring that the appropriate in house procedures are in place to achieve compliance. The ideal candidate will manage, create and implement tax plans, while working with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk. State Tax returns will continue to be prepared externally but Sales returns are prepared in house.
The candidate will further ensure that the appropriate tax documentation is on file for vendor and customer relationships as well as ensuring that contracts correctly address and contemplate US and local tax issues.
The Tax Manager will ensure timely and accurate reporting and compliance while working hand in hand with the external Tax preparers. The Tax Manager will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies. The ideal candidate will be single minded in their pursuit of ensuring compliance and achieves this goal through optimizing reporting procedures and driving the success of the tax function. The role is hands on and requires excellent knowledge of State and indirect taxes, such as Sales Taxes, as well as a good understanding of federal and partnership tax returns. The ability to work independently, as well as interacting with those that will be providing the information and business insight, is a must. Communicating in a way that people understand, given the subject matter, whether written or oral, is also vitally important.
Your duties will include and are not limited to the following activities and tasks:
- · Ensure accurate, timely filing of all tax returns and other business-related filings
- · Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process
- · Provide a comprehensive review of the US Group’s current tax status, particularly at the State and local level
- · Develop processes for monthly sales tax report filing including data collection to support such filings
- · Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures
- · Manage and facilitate any tax audits; preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- · Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects.
- · Prepare monthly returns
- · Ensure that 1099s, Sales Tax certificates, W8s W9s are current
- · Manage VDA processes as needed
- · Work closely with external tax advisors to ensure State Income tax returns are filed correctly and on time
- · Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- · Facilitate and manage the information requirements that are needed to complete the various tax returns including key components of Form 1120 such as 5472s
How will you add value?
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Tax or finance
- · CPA or MS taxation preferred
- · 7 plus years of experience in a similar role; must have multi state experience
- · Knowledge of State Tax apportionment and Sales Tax applicability across different products
- · Superior organizational and project management skills and attention to detail
- · Self-starter who takes ownership
- · Proficient in MS Suite, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and ability to use Accounting Finance platforms/ERP
- · Ability to effectively multi-task, re-prioritize and work independently to meet deadlines
- · Familiarity with IRS form 5472
- · Strong tax accounting background with knowledge of FASB Income Tax Standards and guidance
- · UTP experience; current on GAAP as it pertains to tax
- · Must conduct business at the highest level of professionalism and integrity
You can look forward to a competitive salary and benefit plan including but not limited to:
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, life & LTD insurance for employees
- Bonus Scheme
- 100% match to your 401k deferrals (limited) with 100% vesting at 6 months
- Supplemental Insurance including STD, additional Life
- Priority Pass Membership
- Global Mentoring Program
- Wellness Programs
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travelers, creating and delivering products and services that increase engagement, loyalty and value for customers.
We have more than 30 years experience, with offices located across the globe, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing over 2,000 staff, and managing over 20 million end customers. We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception, from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access program, Priority Pass, to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP. Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences. To find out more about any of our businesses and brands visit https://www.collinsongroup.com.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes employer paid medical insurance within 30 days and 100% match on 401k after 6 months.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Collinson Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?