Receptionist Administrative Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Read this carefully. A fast-paced and busy personal injury firm seeks a full-time legal receptionist/admin assistant to handle the firm’s day-to-day administrative tasks including answering phones, greeting clients, maintaining the firm’s calendar, performing initial new client intakes, opening & closing client files, and processing incoming & outgoing mail. In addition, candidates will follow up on medical record requests, run errands, maintain copy room/breakroom and supplies, and other general legal office responsibilities.
Applicants must be highly organized, detail oriented, proficient in technology, proactive, and a team player.
Ideal candidate has 1+ years prior experience in plaintiff’s personal injury law and have strong organizational skills with ability to work independently and prioritize workload effectively. To show that candidate is interested in working as a receptionist/administrative assistant for this particular firm, candidate must have the word “Interested” at the top of their resume. If this word is not at the top of the resume, candidate’s resume will not be reviewed. Attention to detail, strong editing and proofreading skills are required for this position. The firm offers a competitive salary commensurate to experience and collaboration with a sharp team with room to grow. No phone calls please.
- Firm Overview*
Our firm provides legal representation for victims whose lives have been affected by someone else’s negligence or careless behavior. We work with our clients to file their accident claim and pursue compensation for damages.
- Qualifications & Skills *
- First-hand experience and knowledge of legal processes
- 1+ years work experience in plaintiff’s personal injury law practice, preferred
- Ability to creatively solve problems and suggest solutions
- Self-motivating, intelligent, and disciplined
- Keen organization, planning and implementation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office required
- Job Requirements *
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Be accessible via phone, email, and in-person for efficient communication
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understand need for and comply with client confidentiality
- Keep workspace clean and clutter free
- Duties and Responsibilities *
- Answer phones
- Greet clients
- Maintain the firm’s calendar
- Performing initial new client intakes
- Open & close client files
- Processing incoming & outgoing mail
- Monitor and schedule medical appointments
- Field client phone calls
- Order and track medical records/bills
- Communication with Court and Court Clerks
- Any other tasks delegated by Attorney
- Benefits *
- Competitive Pay
- Health Benefits (after probationary period)
- Personal Time Off (after probationary period)
- Holiday Pay (after probationary period)
- Discretionary bonus incentives (after probationary period)
- Proposed Hours
- 40 hours per week
The job tasks listed above are subject to change and may not reflect all tasks required. You can expect that as the firm continues to grow, certain tasks may be re-distributed in an effort to concentrate skills. Any change in tasks will be discussed with you in advance.
Collins Law, LLC provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Paid time off
Collins Law, LLCWhy Work Here?
We are a great team to work with! Our office is a great fit for a smiling face who is ready to go above and beyond for the clients we serve.
We are a small, but growing personal injury law firm. We help people who have been injured seek justice. We love what we do and we come to the office every day excited to work hard for our clients.
230 Lorna SquareBirmingham, AL
BusinessView all jobs at Collins Law, LLC