Collins Electrical Company, Inc. Stockton, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Collins Electrical Company, Inc. is a nationally recognized electrical contractor with offices in Stockton, Sacramento, Marina, Dublin and Fresno, California. Our projects are commercial, institutional and light industrial and range from $200,000 to $20,000,000.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Collins Electrical Company, Inc. is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the administration of the accident prevention program and the corresponding laws that relate to the safety of our work, for an assigned location in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures. This position involves the performance of jobsite safety inspections, audits, delivering orientation and safety training, jobsite-specific project safety planning and revisions and/or management of safety documents. The Safety Coordinator will assist jobsite supervisory personnel with inspections, incident recordkeeping and investigation, tracking and reporting of safety performance indicators, identification and correction of hazardous conditions and behaviors.
Duties and responsibilities
· Assist jobsite supervisory personnel with safety and health compliance through education, training, auditing and implementation of company compliance initiatives and programs.
· Complete and manage all aspects of jobsite-specific health and safety paperwork, record keeping and retention and assists with Field New Hire paperwork as needed.
· Submit reports and/or other documentation to Safety Director by designated deadlines.
· Perform safety and compliance inspections daily and throughout working shifts on jobsites, shops, yards and offices and provide project management, Foreman and other field personnel with recommendations for safety performance improvements and compliance.
· Strive to develop and maintain a positive safety culture onsite and develop positive working relationships with all levels of employees.
· Conduct weekly toolbox meetings and provide relevant safety information for daily tasks and conditions.
· Attends and participates in weekly jobsite safety meetings.
· Administer Safety Committee meetings, actions and documentation.
· Assist with the development and distribution of safety publications and literature.
· Conduct periodic in-depth compliance audits of work areas and operations, documenting findings and working with jobsite supervisory personnel to set appropriate timelines to address deficiencies.
· Manage all jobsite safety training requirements for field personnel.
· Train field personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in jobsites.
· Conduct incident investigations and root cause analysis following any incidents involving company personnel, equipment or general contractors/other subcontractors.
· Perform injury and incident management, which will include direct communication and participation with the Corporate Safety
Director for Workers Compensation claims administration.
· Attends and participates in Stretch and Flex at the jobsites.
· Attends and participates in all General Contractor Safety Meetings and Onsite Insurance Walks.
· Responds to employees’ safety concerns in a timely manner.
· Transport employees to first aid clinics and offsite clinics.
· Maintain Safety Data Sheets onsite as needed.Qualifications
- Four-year degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combinations of training and related experience.
- Three to five years construction safety experience.
- OSHA 30
- OSHA 500 Course-preferred
- CPR/First Aid
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to enforce all federal, state, local, and Company regulations.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to teach, mentor and lead.
- Proficient in Software/Computer programs and equipment, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and General office equipment.
- Excellent organizational and decision making/problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to smoothly handle a variety of situations and problems that may arise, sometimes serval at a time, and either solve them or work with others involved in order to come to cooperative resolution.
- Ability to instruct front line supervisors in the details of the work they perform (by enforcement) to improve safety performance.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and other state and federal agency standards for safety.
- Ability to write reports and/or business correspondence.
- Ability to perform duties independently.
- Ability to deal with situations involving sensitive and confidential company issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Interested applicants can submit resumes to: apply@ collinselectric.com