At Collins Aerospace, our customers are at the core of our business. And meeting each of their unique needs is the key to our success. The Customer & Account Management organization plays a critical role at Collins Aerospace both internally and externally. We provide executive-level support to major original equipment manufacturers and defense customers and support our Strategic Business Units (SBUs) by augmenting key relationships and maintaining an excellent customer experience. Internally, we develop and support our SBUs by strategically planning and capturing future growth opportunities while ensuring customer satisfaction. If you want to advance your career while contributing to a vision that helps our customers redefine the aerospace industry, then consider landing here!
At our Phoenix MRO, we specialize in the repair of electronic components for aircraft. As a technician with our team, you will have one of the most critical roles—testing and troubleshooting units to keep our customers flying.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
Testing a variety of electronic units using prescribed test procedures.
Setting up and operating various test stands.
Configuring test equipment for special tests as needed.
Interpreting and recording test results.
Recognizing and isolating test equipment failures.
Using diagnostic tools to troubleshoot electronic units to the sub-assembly and component level.
Reading and interpreting technical data such as component maintenance manuals, engineering prints, and schematics.
Effectively communicating work status to team members and support staff (e.g. shift pass down, engineering, maintenance).
Understand the theory of electronic circuitry and electrical components.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Ability to read and interpret technical data.
Ability to write in a clear and concise technical manner.
Good computer skills and knowledge of office software applications.
- This is for a 3rd shift opening. While training may need to work 1st shift hours.
- You may occasionally need to provide weekend and holiday support to meet customer needs.
In your role, you will be exposed to:
- Products of various weights and sizes.
- Equipment with moving parts.
- High potential (voltage/current).
- Chemicals that may emit fumes.
To minimize safety risk to you and product, you must wear static-control and personal protective equipment.
- Due to the nature of our work, you will need to be able to perform the following functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Distinguishing colors and meeting vision requirements.
- Bending, stooping, reaching, turning as needed to place units in test stands, pick up totes, place units on rack, etc.
- Using hands for extended periods of time to perform testing and troubleshooting tasks (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation).
- Sitting or standing at a workbench/test stand for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 10 pounds unassisted.
- Transporting products with or without product carts.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1+ years of experience .
- Experience testing and troubleshooting electronics to the component level.
- Continuous improvement processes and tools (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, etc.).
Phoenix is an FAA regulated facility and as such under the U.S Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) this position is considered a Safety Sensitive Position. Under this regulation, the selected candidates will participate in a drug-testing program. Background Check and Drug Screen. Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check. This position also requires the successful completion of a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.